Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socioeconomic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. It was established as an affiliate of the Family Health international (FHI 360) to sustain FHI’s achievements in strengthening indigenous organizational capacity in Nigeria.AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) Available Job
We are seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Officer
Contract Type: Fixed term
- The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is a 3-year UNICEF-funded early primary grades reading pilot öt project implemented in partnership with FHI 360 in collaboration with the governments of Katsina and Zamfara states.
- RANA aims to improve literacy and numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 in the supported states. It will assist approximately 100 formal Schools and Integrated Qur’anic Schools (IQS) in each of the states.
- Will develop publications from field visits to program implementation sites arid liaise closely with target groups to identify success stories and evidence of Projects impact, also take lead dissemination of communication materials and publications to relevant stakeholders.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Social Science/Mass communication or other relevant developmental communication studies.
- Knowledge of and experience with graphics. printing management, media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods, this includes alternative w4ys to inform and entertain via written, oral. and visual media.
- Experience with communication! creative agencies! vendors will be added advantage
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in designing and executing communication activities, preferably in development programs.
- Ability to work in a team under tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Very good mastery of English and Hausa (both verbal and written).
- Ability to create new ideas. relationships, systems. or products, including creative contributions
- Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks.
- Experience working with local NGOs, INGOs and government bodies would be an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume/CV and cover letter as a single document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Application Deadline: 29th December, 2017.