MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant – Financial Planning Management Reporting, Finance
Job Identification Number: 1205
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full Time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Financial Planning (Management Reporting)
- Develop and manage financial management systems, policies and procedure, making appropriate recommendations for modifications and improvements.
- Undertake financial evaluation and projection for identified MTN Foundation projects, ensuring accurate deduction of taxes and prompt rendering of returns
- Review of accounting transactions in financial statements for compliance with IFRS
- Monitor cross system integration between MTNN & MTNF IFS, Hyperion.
- Undertake financial evaluations and projections for identified projects.
- Assist with year-end audit and statutory and regulatory returns to ensure compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Assisting with products/services review with the drafting of technical accounting opinions in accordance with IFRS
- Analyze operating reports for MTNN and report on variances against budgets.
- Interpret accounting/financial information in order to evaluate the financial performance of MTNN business operations.
- Preparation of MTN Foundation financial and operational performance reports to management, analyzing MTNF Operating Expense reports and report on variances against budgets.
- Contribute to evaluation of management accounting systems, procedures and practices and make appropriate recommendation for modifications and improvements to stakeholders
- Liaise with MTNF project coordinators, bankers and suppliers to ensure efficient processing and payment of transactions.
- First Degree in Accounting or other Finance related disciplines.
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA).
- Fluent in English
- 3 – 7 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in mainstream financial reporting in a multinational organization
- Experience in handling IFRS issues at an internationally affiliated audit firm
- Experience in working with enterprise financial systems
- Experience in telecommunications industry is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know