MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advisor, Legal – COSEC
Job Identification: 1310
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Division: MoMo Payment Service Bank
Reports To: Company Secretary/Legal Adviser
- Review legal cases, petitions and internal matters requiring legal input/perspective, consult with all relevant parties, advise on case/petition/legal related matters, provide recommendation on course of action and effectively take appropriate and approved action in accordance with the rules and regulations of MoMoPSB.
- Draft legal agreements and review all relevant documentation supporting contracts for authenticity and validity, reviewing commercial agreements and documentations of transactions.
- Conduct proactive prevention of litigation, ensuring Legal processes and services are effective and efficient in line with defined and approved design and rules.
- Administer controls to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and effectively integrate ethics, compliance and preventive law efforts, ensuring MoMoPSB activities are compliant with laid down laws and governing regulations/statutes.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
- Ensure continuous liaison with External Solicitors for regular updates, compliance with procedural rules of court, stipulated time limits for actions, etc. so as to minimize the cost and adverse effect of litigation.
- Carry out legal (administrative) services work including liaison/correspondence with external bodies and organizations, structuring and negotiating commercial transactions.
- Settle legal issues between MoMoPSB and 3rd parties, assisting in managing liquidations and disputes.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Law.
- Fluent in English
- 3 – 7 Years’ experience including:
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization
- Civil/commercial litigation experience.
- Experience in handling and negotiating funding.
- In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian Legal framework.
- Knowledge of telecommunications environment is advantageous.
- Commercial/technical and or further legal qualification is advantageous.
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2022 at 23:59
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know