The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Analyst I, Data Aggregation Platform (DAP)
Division: Planning, Research and Strategy
- Regulatory Research analyst will provide the required support for the PM and AGM while being mentored by both to ensure effective teamwork and service delivery.
- The analyst will be responsible for designing survey templates, data collection data processing, data analysis and drafting reports
- Acquisition of data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining the database
- Assist in developing and implementing data analysis, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Assist in developing queries for interrogating database system, provide information to internal & external stakeholders
- Managing industry dashboards and related inputs as required by the Commission from time to time
- Identifying, analysing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex industry data sets.
- Other related tasks and duties as may be instructed by the PM (DAP) or other senior personnel of the PRS Division.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- B.Sc., A higher diploma and professional certification relevant to the vacancy is an advantage.
- Field of Study: Computer Science, Data Base Management, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Articulate and fluent in communication, disposition to working collaboratively in teams and knowledge sharing. Creative, curious, and confident.
- Having strong verbal and written presentation and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior management and other stakeholders.
- Competent with Excel, Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) Macros programming, Python language, C-sharp, Java scripts programming, Statistical analysis (demand forecasting, predictive analytical methods), Front end development in Angular, React, Vue or Bootstrap for report development and generation, MS Power BI, E-View for data visualization, SQL scripting and database management, MS Power Point, etc. Highly analytical with the ability to formulate and support sound regulatory and policy recommendations with strong financial modelling.
- Minimum years of experience: 4 years
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know