The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Analyst I – Market Analysis and Competition
Division: Markets Competition and Rates
- Support the monitoring and analyses of periodic reports submitted by licensees.
- Conduct detailed and comprehensive assessment of industry economic and investment needs.
- Assist in determining and identifying investment needs for the various sectors of the industry and package investment incentives to boost industry growth.
- Review Licensees compliance to the provisions of their License Terms and Obligations.
- Provide research assistance in the preparation of papers on issues related to the electricity market as may be requested from time to time for presentation to the Commission and the Government.
- Undertake periodic review regulations to assess the need or otherwise of existing regulations.
- Review applications for licenses by prospective applicants.
- Review bulk power procurement process to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant professional qualifications in any of the following disciplines – Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Management Administration, Finance, or Accountancy or Law with a minimum of second class upper (2:1) or equivalent grade
- If a holder of only a Bachelor’s Degree a minimum of second class lower (2:2) in the disciplines listed above is required plus a relevant non-executive master’s degree from a reputable tertiary institution obtained by thesis and/or by examination.
- Minimum years of experience: 4 years’ post-graduation (NYSC inclusive) obtained in the Nigerian Electricity Sector, an academic institution, a Nigerian or foreign financial, commercial, industrial or regulatory institution, an NGO in a relevant sector, a multilateral development institution, or a consulting or professional services firm with demonstrable understanding of electricity sector experience.
- Experience working with and building financial/economic models is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022. (12:00 Midnight)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know