The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Analyst I – Tariff and Rates
Division: Markets Competition and Rates
- Ensure effective filing of data and information submitted by applicants.
- Assists in the organisation of periodic meetings of tariff review committee.
- Collate and analyse data and information necessary for the review of tariff.
Minimum Qualification / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines – Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Management or Administration, Finance, or Accountancy or Law with a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) or equivalent grade, Master’s Degree in a relevant subject is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 Years post-graduation (inclusive of NYSC) obtained in the NESI, a Nigerian Electricity Sector Reform Agency, an academic institution, a Nigerian or foreign financial, commercial, industrial or regulatory institution, an NGO in a relevant sector, a multilateral development institution, or a consulting or professional services firm with demonstrable understanding of electricity sector experience.
- Experience working with and building financial / economic models is an added advantage.
- Good computer and quantitative skills with excellent knowledge of Microsoft words, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Firm ethical grounding, discipline and integrity.
- Self-starting, proactive and self-censoring with capacity for independent thought and analysis.
- Must demonstrate good understanding of the Nigerian Electricity Market operation generally.
- Good quality written and oral communication skills.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know