The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Analyst II, Accounts
Division: Finance and Management Services
- Assist in Preparation of Budget Perform, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Enforce policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analysis; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely required.
- Preparation of Tax Remittance Vouchers.
- Preparation and Submission of Tax Returns to relevant tax authorities.
- Assist in the processing of Tax clearance Certificates.
- Preparation & Submission of Pension schedules to PFAs.
- Preparing Payment Schedules for onward upload to Remita platform.
- Issue receipts and post into cash books.
- Providing general financial and accounting support.
- Any other work as may be assigned from time to time by Head Finance & Account.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- First Degree – Minimum of Second Class upper in Accounting or related fields (Posession of ICAN, ACCA, ANAN is Mandatory).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & Accounting Software Solution.
- Minimum years of experience: 2 years.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know