The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Corporate Planning and Strategy (CPS)
Division: Planning, Research and Strategy
- Follow-up on timelines and track the implementation of various components of the Strategic Plan of the Commission.
- Produce progress and status reports on activities and operations related to implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Review and analyse the status of technical viability of the Licensees’ investments in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry.
- Conduct verification, validation, and back testing of reliability indices of utilities.
- Review and make recommendations on the impact of proposed changes in sector wide policies on Commission’s activities and regulatory oversight
- Represent the Division at internal committees, working groups,
- Oversee the management of Microsoft Planner in monitoring, tracking, and reporting of Tasks and Action items assigned to Divisions and flagging of any delay in achieving timelines.
- Initiate composition and compilation of Workplan
- Harmonize and consolidate the yearly Workplan of the Commission for further review.
- Undertake proactive analytical research and carry out basic regulatory scenario studies to guide decision making.
- Participate in the preparation of statutory Annual and Quarterly Electricity Market Reports
- Review the Quarterly Electricity Statistical Bulletin.
- Participate in the formulation, proposal, review and application of the appropriate tariff methodology and pricing model for serviced based electricity market.
Qualifications / Skills
- First Degree (2:1) or Masters in Data Analytics, Project Management, Organisational Development or related area.
- Membership of a relevant professional body will be an advantage.
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail and time-management skills
- Excellent verbal, analytical and written communication skills Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of all types of electricity generation, transmission and distribution infrastructure, as well as in their technical management and planning.
- Demonstrable competence in the use Microsoft office tools including the use of MS 365, MS Power point, Excels, Power BI and MySQL for data analysis or other data visualization tools.
Field of Study:
- B.Sc in Engineering, Mathematics / Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science and/or related field of study.
Minimum Years of Experience:
- 6 years work experience, three (3) of which should have been as a core member of a Project Management team or related.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know