The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Research Analytics
Division: Planning, Research and Strategy
- Perform trend analysis, regulatory research, and energy policy issues
- Initiating and develop strategies on regulatory research and analysis of extant policies & regulations in the power sector while providing recommendations to the Commission.
- Preparation of position papers and reports on regulatory issues
- Analyse data and provide visualization using statistical software. Identify trends and make recommendations for inputs into reports of the Commission. Create presentations with charts and graphs to present to higher-ups and management.
- Participating in designing, collecting, analysing, and maintaining data & statistics on key energy parameters.
- Performing economic, technical analysis and research related to power sector issues – tariffs, markets, fuel availability, open access, etc.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual reports on short-term transactions of electricity as part of market monitoring.
- Conduct research on economic and technical impacts of regulatory decisions on utilities and consumers, Scenario modelling of tariff design; quantifying economic impacts and costs of mitigating impacts
- Apply mathematical models to come up with objective analysis based on industry historical data.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- First Degree (2:1) or Master’s in Data Analytics, Project Management or related area.
Field of Study:
- Data Science, Economics, Statistics, any Social Sciences, Engineering, Energy economics.
Minimum Years of Experience:
- 6 years working experience, three (3) of which should have been in producing research reports for internal or external audiences, or as a core member of a project team.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know