The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Automotive Electrician
Announcement Number: Lagos-2020-038
Series/Grade: LE – 1020 5
Work Schedule: Full-time – 48 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-5
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a
reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization
and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FP is 9. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- The incumbent serves as Auto Electrician and is under the direct supervision of the Auto electrician Foreman (Supervisor).
- He/She performs repairs of light/heavy, and armoured gasoline/diesel-powered motor vehicles, and forklifts.
- Performs diagnostic test to determine the nature and extent of repair work necessary, as well as performs major work on electrical systems.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Two years of general automotive electrician experience, mainly in engine repairs, overhauls, transmissions brakes, steering, air conditioning (auto), area of servicing, electrical components of American vehicles i.e. General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, Chevrolet Suburbans, and Toyota is required.
Thorough knowledge in diagnosing, service, repair, engine overhauls, transmissions, brakes, steering, car air condition, and electrical components of General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, Chevrolet Suburbans, Toyota, and others is required.
- Completion of Secondary School or received a high school diploma with vocational training in an automotive electrician is required.
This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge of English Language is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must possess a valid Nigeria Class “D” driver’s license. Must be able to safely operate a tow truck, as well as able to manually lift weights between 1-30 lbs (maximum). Must use appropriate machine and safety equipment to do the heavy lifting of objects (30 to 100 Lbs, and beyond).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications:
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service.
- Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- (NGN) ₦4,141,224/Per Year
- (USD) $30,113/Per Year
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 26th August, 2020
Other Ongoing Jobs in Nigeria
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.