Are you thinking of enrolling your child in one of the Best Secondary Schools in Nigeria? If yes, then this article will be helpful to you.
In this article, you will find a list of the top 100 best Secondary schools in Nigeria in 2021.
Your child deserves the best education.
Most of the schools listed here are very cheap and affordable. Please, get the full details about these best high schools in Nigeria.
Secondary school education is the midway between nursery school education and tertiary school education and its importance cannot be overemphasized.
That’s because it is in this period of education that a student is meant to understand the area of specialization per career that he/she will feature very well in.
As is the norm, a student chooses whether he or she will do the arts or sciences and pursue a career in the tertiary institution in furtherance of education.
Seeing that secondary school education is a foundation to a successful career in the future, attending one among the best make it certain for one to be provided with every resource needed to have an academic dream come true.
What are the underlying reasons behind the selection of these schools as the best amidst a bounty of others, one may ask…
Find Scholarships to Study Abroad in 2021
Click on any of the following countries to find scholarships for your study abroad destination.
- Scholarships to study in Canada 2021
- Scholarships to Study in the US 2021
- Scholarships to Study in the UK 2021
- Scholarships to study in Germany 2021
- Scholarships to Study in Australia 2021
Find more scholarships in 2021 always visit our scholarship search engine at https://www.academicrelated.com/
This is what www.academicrelated.com is here to make known to you. The qualities that exempt a secondary school from being one of the best in Nigeria include:
- The availability of the necessary equipment and instruments for science practical.
- The availability of necessary facilities and an environment that enhances learning.
- Visible and substantive improvement of the community it is embedded within.
- Quick adaptation to social change.
- Admits its failures and limitations while working together with an ‘international community’ to grow.
- Diverse and compelling measures of success–measures that families and communities understand and value.
- Full of students who know what’s worth understanding.
- Speaks the language of the children, families, and community it serves.
- Improves other schools and cultural organizations it’s connected with.
- Makes certain that every single student and family feels welcome and understood on equal terms.
- Full of students that not only ask great questions, but do so with great frequency and ferocity.
- Understands the difference between a bad idea and the bad implementation of a good idea.
- Uses professional development designed to improve teacher capacity over time.
- Doesn’t make empty promises, create misleading mission statements, or mislead parents and community-members with edu-jargon. It has authenticity and transparency.
- Values its teachers and administrators and parents as agents of student success.
- Decenters itself–makes technology, curriculum, policies, and its other ‘pieces’ less visible than students and hope and growth.
- Produce students that can think critically–about issues of human interest, curiosity, artistry, craft, legacy, husbandry, agriculture, and more–and then do so.
- Help students see themselves in terms of their historical framing, familial legacy, social context, and global connectivity, etc.
Top 100 Best Secondary Schools in Nigeria
Below is the list of the top 100 best secondary schools in Nigeria 2021;
- Atlantic Hall, Poka-Epe, Lagos
- King’s College, Lagos
- Loyola Jesuit College, Gidan Mangoro, Karu-Karshi Road, Abuja
- Grange Schools, Ikeja, Lagos State
- Christ The King College, Onitsha
- Vivian Fowler Memorial College,
- Day Waterman College, Ikoyi, Lagos
- Lekki British International School Victoria Arobieke Street, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos. Lekki British International School
- Lumen Christi International High School, Uromi, Edo State
- Corona Secondary School, Agbara, Ogun State
- Olashore International High School, Iloko Ijesha, Oshun State
- St Gregory’s College, Ikoyi, Lagos
- Avicenna School, Lagos
- British International School Landbridge Avenue, Oniru Private Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos State
- Greensprings School, Lagos 32, Olatunde Ayoola Avenue, Anthony, Lagos
- The Capital Science Academy, Abuja
- Nigerian-Turkish International Academy, Abuja
- Louisville Girl’s High School, Ijebu-Itele, Ogun State.
- Premiere Academy, Lugbe, Abuja
- St Francis Catholic Secondary School, 107, Liasu Road, Idimu. P. O. Box 91, Oshodi, Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Chrisland College Ladipo Oluwole Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Regina Pacis College, Abuja
- Dowen College Regency Town, Lekki, Lagos.
- Brookstone School Secondary, International Airport Road, Igwuruta, Rivers State
- Bethel Demonstration Schools, 3, Asamah Av4
- Saint Michael’s International School, Dadin Kowa Road, Kontagora, Niger State
- Hillcrest School Jos, 13 Old Bukuru Road, Plateau State
- Chrisland College, 72, Old Ejigbo Road, Idimu Egbeda, Alimosho, Lagos State
- Abuja Capital International College, 352/353 Road, Fha Gwarinpa 11 Estate, Gwarinpa, Abuja
- Charles Dale Memorial International School, 12 Army Range Road, Igwuruta-Eneka, Rivers State
- Thomas Adewumi International College, Adewumi Drive, Oko P.M. B. 1050, Omu-Aran, Kwara State, Nigeria.
- Lumen Christi International High School, Arue – Uromi, Benin City, Edo State
- Adesoye College, Igosun Road, Pb 4700, Offa, Kwara State
- Holy Rosary International School, University Junction, Zone 6, Wuse, Abuja
- Citadel International College, Arigidi Road Ikare Akoko, Ondo State,
- Stage One International School, 4th Avenue, 403 Road, PW, Kubwa, Abuja
- Queen’s College, Yaba, Lagos
- Capville School, House 58/60 4th Avenue, Gwarinpa Estate, Abuja
- Angelwings Comprehensive College, Phase 1, Site 1, Pw (Maroko) Kubwa, Abuja
- Air Force Comprehensive School, Iyana-Offa, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Ifako International Secondary School, 99/101, Iju Road, Agege, Lagos
- Barachel Group of Schools, Plots 4/5, Agbado Oke-Aro Road, Giwa, Ogun State
- Florie Private School, 44, Efunlaruja Street, Ori Okuta, Ikorodu, Lagos State
- Fountain International High School, Plot 100a, Haruk Estate Road, Rumuigbo, Obio-Akpor, Rivers
- Graceland International School, 25/27, Liberation Stadium Road, Elekahia, Rivers State
- Hallmark Secondary School, Italurowo Ondo/Akure Road, Ile-Oluji Junction, Ondo State
- Crescent Hall International School, 30a/B, Ladoke Akintola Crescent, Gra, Ikeja, Lagos
- Kaduna International School, Wurno Road, Off Rabah Road Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Igbinedion Educational Centre, 218/220 Murtala Mohammed Way, Benin, Edo State
- King’s High School, Abule-Odu B/Stop, Badagry Ex Satellite Town, Lagos
- Marella International College, 28, Adenuga Street, Kongi, Bodija, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Albesta Academy, Eleko Beach Road, Ibeju Lekki, Lagos
- Mercy Grace School, 2, Boundary Road, Benin City, Edo State
- Mea Mater Elizabeth High School, Ojiagu Agbani, Nkanu West Local Government Area, Enugu, Enugu State
- American International School of Abuja, 9 Mambila Street off Ibb Way, Abuja
- Jextoban Secondary School, 1/3 Ibadan Street, Iyana School B/S, Alapere,Ketu, Lagos
- Nickdel Schools, Barracks Roads, Pmb 167, Agodi, Ibadan North, Oyo State
- Bethel Demonstration Schools, 3 ,Asamah Avenue, Effurun, Warri Central, Delta State
- Louisville Girls High School, Ijebu Itele, Ogun State
- Moret Comprehensive College, Adamasingba, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Holly Rosary International School, University Junction, Zone 6, Wuse, Abuja
- Henry Alex-Duduyemi Memorial College, Ife-Ibadan Expressway, Ajebandele, Osun State
- Qiblah High School, Aleshiloye Gra, Ibadan South-West, Oyo State
- University Preparatory Secondary School (Upss), Benin City, Edo State, South South Nigeria. Information
- Regent Schools, Abuja
- Greater Tomorrow Secondary School, Reuben Acho Avenue, Gra, Benin City, Edo State
- Great Scholars International School, Km 3, Falilat Ogunkoya Avenue, Old Odelemo Rd, Shagamu, Ogun State
- Infant Jesus Academy, Old Anwai Road, Opp Government House, Asaba, Delta State
- Ave Maria Girls’ Secondary School, Jikwoyi, Along Karshi Road, Abuja, Fct, Abuja
- Federal Government College, Kwali, Abuja
- Sunjem Private School, 6 ,Oladejo Close, Barracks, Ifako Gbagada, Kosofe, Lagos
- Crescent Hall International School, G.R.A, Ikeja, Lagos
- The Centagon International School, Maitama, Abuja
- Albesta Academy, Ibeju Lekki, Lagos
- Lifeforte International School, Kongi, Bodija, Ibadan North, Oyo State
- Deeper Life High School, Rumoudara, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Agape International Academy, Garki Ii, Abuja
- Ronik Comprehensive School, Ejigbo, Oshodi Isolo, Lagos
- Goshen International School, Gwarimpa, Abuja
- Premiere Academy, Abuja Municipal, Abuja,
- Whiteplains British School, Abuja
- Trinitate International School, Igwuruta, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Ifako International Secondary School, Agege, Lagos State
- Estaport Secondary School, Soluyi Gbagada, Shomolu, Lagos
- Chamberlain American International School, Kubwa, Kubwa, Abuja
- Capville Schools, Gwarinpa, Abuja Municipal, Abuja
- Archdeacon Brown Education Centre, Woji, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Global International College, Olu Obasanjo Road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Whitesands School, Lekki Peninsula Phase 1, Eti Osa, Lagos
- Grace Soild Rock School, Akinyele, Alimosho, Lagos
- Living Spring International College, Gwarinpa Housing Estate, Gwarimpa, Abuja
- Continental College, Abuja Municipal, Abuja
- Margaret Thelma International School, Karu, Abuja Municipal, Abuja
- The Threshold International School, Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Verbins International School, Suleja, Abuja Municipal, Abuja
- Eminent Comprehensive College, Iyana Ipaja, Alimosho, Lagos State
- Spinel International Academy, Karu, Abuja,
- Kings International College, Moniya, Akinyele, Oyo State
- Lordswill Academy, Gwarimpa, Abuja
- New Hope International School, Kuje, Abuja
You can also check out the following scholarship opportunities;
- Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2021-2022 (Fully Funded)
- HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2021 for Masters & PhD in the UK (Fully Funded)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2021-2022
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2021
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2021-2022 for Developing Countries
Best Secondary Schools in Nigeria
1. Atlantic Hall Lagos
Address: Poka – Epe, Lagos
Atlantic Hall is one of the top 100 best secondary schools in Nigeria and was established in 1989 by the Atlantic Hall Educational Trust Council. It is a co-educational full-boarding secondary school focused on the provision of a balanced education, guided by a committed faculty and excellent pastoral care.
Atlantic Hall has a double educational plan pathway to teach students on both the Nigerian and International (IGCSE) programmes. This way to deal with secondary school education is empowering, for the possible migration of graduates to alternative international education systems and more extensive enhancement.
The school has 650 students and a staff-student ratio of 9:1, making an ideal learning condition and the support of every student to develop intrinsic talents, mental agility, self-belief, strength of character and the capacity to live and cooperate well with other people.
2. Kings College
Address: 3 Catholic Mission Street, Lagos Island, Lagos
Kings College Lagos is an all-young men school established in September 1909. At Kings college, greatness is the watch word, its believe is that whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well, it looks to set up this standard in its every operation and instill this value in its Wards.
Every boy child committed in the care of this school is guaranteed quality education under skilled educators. It aims to build up a solid foundation for all its Children through their scholastic and professional journey in life. We are additionally interested in the physical, social and psychological development of our Students, edging them to get responsible and impact driven citizenry.
Its facilities are up-to-date making it infra-structurally positioned to deliver quality education to the students. We welcome applications from all parts of the nation. As one of the Best high schools in Nigeria, it is ever prepared to make Kings out of your male wards.
Its offices are state-of-the-art making us infra-fundamentally situated to convey quality instruction to your youngsters. We invite applications from all pieces of the nation. We are ever prepared to make Kings out of your male wards.
3. Loyola Jesuit College (LJC)
Address: Gidan Mangoro, Abuja
Loyola Jesuit College (LJC) is part of the global family of Jesuit schools run by the Society of Jesus in Abuja, Nigeria in Africa. With them, it shares a typical vision and theory got from the writings of the founder of the Jesuits, St. Ignatius of Loyola.
Every single Jesuit school and their graduated class are linked universally, regionally and nationally and share development programs in like manner. Albeit all Jesuit schools are linked in that they draw from the equivalent educational philosophies, each school is special in the way that it adapts to its specific circumstances.
The Mission Statement and different contents of this site which stream from it are our endeavour to be both really Jesuit and applicable to the Nigerian society that we serve.
4. Grange School
Address: Government Reservation Area (GRA), Ikeja, Lagos.
Grange being among the top 100 best secondary schools in Nigeria operates as a not-for-profit, co-educational, English National Curriculum, independent, day school. Its campus is spacious and includes an assortment of well-maintained facilities which make an appealing environment for learning.
Grange School was established in 1958 by a gathering of benevolent British expatriates, to provide of equivalent standard to that which obtains in the UK.
5. Christ the king College, Onitsha
Address: Onitsha, Anambra State
Christ the king college seeks to be a learning community, offering its students a balanced, world-class, global education. The college will offer an expansive instruction intertwining scholarly study and co-curricular activity within a framework of pastoral care in which each part is a fundamental component, similarly as every strand of variegated or complex detail bring essential value to a total work of Art and Science.
CKC tries to build up the entire individual. The college encourages the academic, spiritual, creative, physical, individual and social growth of the students. The college will endeavour to direct, motivate and awaken the minds and hearts of its students and staff to the realization of their full human potential.
6. Vivian Fowler Memorial College
Address: Chief T. A. Doherty Layout, Oregun, Ikeja in Lagos
Established in 1991, it is aimed at promoting the advancement of women through quality and practical education.
The college is a supportive community of people with energy for greatness. It offers a balanced education which builds up students’ very own qualities to empower them adapt to life in universities both in and outside Nigeria.
The selective idea of the college (girls only) is aimed at reducing the chance of bias in the choice of subjects and careers. It raises expectations, builds up a wider variety of leadership opportunities and balances a disciplined work routine with an enjoyable social life outside the classroom.
7. Day Waterman College
Address: Asu Village, near Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Day Waterman College (DWC) is a purpose-built, a co-educational boarding school of 500 students between the ages of 11 and 16. The College is set on 35 hectares of the natural landscape in its location which is less than an hour drive from Lagos.
The College offers world-class facilities in an environment with a natural, peaceful and focused setting. These facilities and equipment of exceptional quality have been given to help the learning environment, including access to safe recreational areas.
Day Waterman College provides extraordinary education that inspires leadership traits as it centres on the individual child’s ability to excel in the international world. The College is aimed at educating young people to become leaders who will be at the forefront of the rapid economic and social development sweeping through Nigeria and the globe in its entirety.
8. Lekki British School
Address: Lekki Peninsula part of Lagos in South Western
Lekki British School is one of the top 100 most expensive secondary schools in Nigeria and was established in September 2000 on a 25-acre campus. This High School is the first British Boarding school in Lagos Nigeria. It consists of the following schools:
- Lekki British Pre School
- Lekki British Junior School
- Lekki British High School
Its aim is to allow every child with talent discovery and development within a disciplined and caring traditional British environment while its mission is to provide an environment wherein each person is helped to find his or her scholastic potential in the study, sports and personal development”. This secondary school has a unique ethos of excellence that saturates all aspects of school life, causing the experience of learning all-encompassing as students have access to support, advice and guidance.
9. Lumen Christi International School
Address: Umori Edo State
Lumen Christi International School was established on October, 5th 1986 by His Grace, Most Rev. Dr P.E Ekpu (Archbishop Emeritus of Benin Archdiocese). Lumen Christi is situated in the heart of Esanland-Arue, Uromi in Esan North-East L.G.A of Edo State and owned by the Catholic Diocese of Uromi.
A school with a populace of 630 with 99 staff, made up of both scholarly and non-scholastic staff. Lumen Christi is blessed with productive and committed staff led by the principal, Rev.Fr.Dr. Theophilus Itaman. She operates a full boarding school for boys and draws her student across the nation and overseas. Lumen Christi strives to shape the entire person, hence the wide programme of the school.
She is an institution that emphasizes the moral value and spiritual development along with scholastic excellence. Having in mind no ignoble want for money but the mandate of the church and value for education, His Grace, Most Rev.Dr. P.E Ekpu, the then Archbishop of Benin City, founded on the 5th October 1986, an educational citadel, now known as ‘Lumen Christi International High School, Uromi, Edo State.’
10. Corona Secondary School, Agbara
Address: A Yenagoa Road, Agbara Estate, Agbara, Ogun.
Situated on a beautiful 2.3-hectare campus, it makes available to students with a peaceful and natural habitat where they can study and flourish free from the stress of city life. This environment gives adequate space for sports; students have access to football, volleyball, basketball, tennis, athletics and badminton as well as more unusual sports such as Taekwondo. The residential nature of the school additionally implies that there is plenty of time for art, music and drama to thrive and for students to be exposed to a scope of clubs, societies and activities.
With facilities such as spacious classrooms outfitted with computers, interactive whiteboard, and television sets, a prominent school library completely loaded with books covering essentially all subjects, a well-equipped science room with built-in electronic smartboard for effective teaching, and assets for teaching modern language, no big surprise this is ranked one of the best secondary schools in West Africa.
11. Olashore International High School, Iloko Ijesha, Oshun State
Address: Iloko Ijesha, Oshun State
Olashore International School is a six-year college that offers both national and international universal educational plan. We follow the West African Examination Council and the Cambridge International Examination universal educational plan. Olashore is additionally an accredited test center for selected American College Board Tests including PSAT, SAT and ACT. The teachers adapt the active teaching/learning strategies that involve the active participation of students.
Olashore is a full boarding school that runs 24hrs. However, there is a reasonable differentiation among scholastic and non-scholastic activities. Extra-curricular activities include music and performing arts (drama and dance), learning beyond the class (local and worldwide trips) from trips to Republic of Benin, South Africa, Dubai, U.K and France to Olumirin Waterfall, the Erin-Ijesa waterfall and Tinapa.
Pause! Are you surprised that you can study abroad for free in 2021? Well, how will you know unless you are told, why not open this post on a new tab!
12. St Gregory’s College, Lagos
Address: South West Ikoyi Lagos
Established on January 27, 1928 by Catholic Mission Sister school, St. Gregory’s College, Lagos is among the top 100 best secondary schools in Nigeria and is a catholic missionary school for boys, with boarding facilities, situated 1.0 km from Tafawa Balewa Square in the vicinity of Ikoyi – Obalende, Lagos State. According to the Nigeria Information School type, St. Gregory University is a Missionary High school. Its motto is Pro Fide Et Scientia’ and it has religious affiliation(s) with Roman Catholic.
Its Slogan is Up Gregs and its nickname is Gregs.
Address: 6 Harold Sodipo Cres, GRA, Ikeja
Avi-cenna is among the best secondary schools in Nigeria and was established in 1989. It is an extremely well known independent educational institution with a strong scholarly and pastoral tradition. It takes pride in its past successes, whilst embracing innovation and change that best prepares its students for the challenges they will face in the years ahead.
The pursuit of scholarly excellence, a very much organized educational plan, remarkable pastoral care and a wide co-curricular programme, are what make Avi-Cenna the exceptional school it is.
13. British International School Lagos
Address: Landbridge Avenue, Oniru Private Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos State
British International School Lagos (BIS) is among the best high schools in Nigeria and is located in Oniru Private Estate in Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
It was established in 2001 and makes available a British curriculum to day and boarding students between the age bracket of 11–18. In this secondary school, a broad range of IGCSE and A Level courses are available for study.
Its student body is made up of girls and boys from Nigerian and expatriate families. Classes are little and there is a thorough co-curricular programme available after school every day.
14. Greensprings School, Anthony Campus
Address: 32, Olatunde Ayoola Avenue, Anthony, Lagos.
The campus is a large one with the teaching structures encompassed by playing fields within which can be found a swimming pool along with tennis and basketball courts.
The teaching staff is made up of both expatriate and locally qualified instructors. The current Principal is Stewart King who joined the school having recently been Deputy Head at Windermere School, United Kingdom.
The School got an outstanding inspection report from COBIS in the mid-year of 2018.
15. Capital Science Academy
Address: Located close to the University of Abuja, Kuje, Abuja.
Capital Science Academy is one of the best secondary schools in Nigeria and is one of the longest established private boarding schools in its area of location. It is a well-established and profoundly successful Secondary Boarding School set in an excellent and secluded fifty-hectare campus.
The school offers Nigerian educational plan subjects and a wide scope of electives, all carefully taught by qualified and experienced teachers, leading to WAEC, NECO and JAMB examinations. Students may likewise take IGCSE courses
The available facilities in Capital Science Academy include:
- Good Multipurpose hall
- Standard ICT Centre
- Sport Complex/Play Ground
- Good & Standard Library
- Swimming Pool
- School Bus Service
- Good & Standard Laboratory
- Sick Bay
- Lunch Programme
- French or foreign languages
- Inter-House Sports
- Special Music Class
- Quiz/Debate/Spelling Bee
- Karate, Kung-fu etc
- Prize/Award giving day
- Local excursions/field trips
- Foreign field trips
- Hair dressing
- Computer Coding Club
- Healthy lifestyle#
- Anti-Bullying club and lots more
- Music and Drama
- Art and Craft
16. Nigerian Turkish International College, Abuja (NTIC)
Address: Plot 152, Ahmadu Bello Way, By Kashim Ibrahim Way, Wuse 2, Abuja.
Situated in Abuja, with campus locations in Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Ogun and Yobe, NTIC has been ranked as one of Nigerian’s leading community colleges, endeavouring to prepare students to be future leaders by putting in place, a safe and welcoming environment for exploration and learning, as well as personal and professional growth.
Operating a Turkish based educational plan for the Nigerian environment, this college is a science-oriented world-class school whose focus is on building a knowledge based on core moral values.
Their faculty is made up of an outstanding group of instructors from all over the globe, the majority of who hold advanced degrees, who are dedicated and passionate about teaching. The science and computer labs are completely outfitted with hi-tech, industry-standard equipment and tools.
17. Louisville Girls High School
Address: Ijebu-Itele, Ogun State.
Louisville Girls High School is among the top 100 best high schools in Nigeria and its location is perfectly kept from the rambling real factors of urban life. Fortunately conceived on January 11 1998, the basically delightful campus she has grown to be is the perfect learning environment for young girls. This is where female students are moulded with Veritas et Caritas (Latin expression for Truth & Charity [Love], the school motto) as a guide.
18. Premiere Academy, Lugbe, Abuja
Address: Lugbe, Abuja
Premiere Academy is a global school, with outstanding boarding arrangement, where individual development, community service, team work and leadership are all relevant aspects of growing and being a sources of inspiration to inspiring confident caring international citizens
Premiere Academy is proud of its international and multi-cultural ethos, that reflects in the manner in which our students team up to have any kind of effect. Its British-Nigerian educational plan is based on the best Global standards, with the aim of providing students with a balanced scholarly experience comparable to any citadel of learning anywhere in the globe.
19. St. Francis Catholic Secondary School, Nigeria
St. Francis Catholic Secondary School (SFCSS), is one of the best high schools in Nigeria and is situated in Idimu, Lagos, Nigeria. This secondary school is run by the North-West Africa Province of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). The school was established in 1990 by Francis Cusimano.
According to the Nigeria Information Type, St. Francis Catholic Secondary School is a private educational institution. It is a Catholic Non-profit secondary education institution with the motto, Magis in love and service. It has religious affiliation(s) with Catholic Church (Jesuit)
St. Francis grabbed the second and third position nationally in the National Examination Council exam in 2014, while student Oluwatobi Raji also scored good results. Being one of the best secondary schools in Nigeria, it also emerged as the winner of the schools challenge at kody and the kids, 2015 and was ranked 20th among the top 100 schools in Nigeria in the year 2015.
20. Chrisland School Ladipo Oluwole
Address: 2A-D Ladipo Oluwole Avenue, off Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos
This school can also be accessed through Oba Akran Avenue as it is located on the road (opposite Guinness) that links Oba Akran to Adeniyi Jones. It is a lovely, welcoming and peaceful environment favourable for excellent academic and co-curricular exercises as it is in a quiet corner of an industrial (non-residential) area, away from the hustle and bustle of Lagos.
Established on October 3, 1977, this school is a co-educational nursery and primary school. Here, pupils are challenged to achieve high scholarly goals with all necessary support from warm committed staff and loyal parents whose wonderful partnership this educational institution has enjoyed over the years.
The extracurricular activities offered at this secondary school include:
Music · Sports (rugby, volleyball, football, swimming, athletics, etc.) · Leadership opportunities · Public Speaking · Clubs (Group A: Ballet, Taekwondo, Gymnastics, Red Cross, Cub Scouts, Brownies, Camera Kids, Money Clever Kids, Creative Development
Frequently Asked Questions on Top 100 Best Secondary Schools in Nigeria
Which Secondary Schools are the most expensive in Nigeria?
The top 100 most expensive secondary schools in Nigeria include:
- Day Waterman College Abeokuta.
- Whiteplains British School Abuja.
- Greensprings School Lagos.
- Loyola Jesuit College Abuja.
- Hillcrest School Jos.
- Atlantic Hall Lagos.
- Chrisland College Lagos.
- Dowen College Lagos.
Which schools are the Top Best International Secondary School in Nigeria?
The Top Best International Secondary Schools in Nigeria include:
- International School, University of Ibadan
- Children’s International School, Lekki, Lagos
- American International School, Lagos
- Avi-Cenna International School
- British International School
- Lekki British School
- Lycee Francais Lagos
How much is paid by the best secondary schools in Nigeria?
The amount paid by the top 100 most expensive secondary schools in Nigeria ranges from 1.5 million to 5.5 million naira.
Will attending the best schools guarantee that a child will be intelligent?
A child’s success in school is dependent upon a wide variety of factors.
Certainly, the quality of programming at the child’s school, the quality of the child’s teacher, and access to quality resources are all critical components of a child’s success.
But the factor that is most important for a child’s academic achievement is parent involvement in their educational process.
The parents have a role to ensure that the child is making progress academically.
They can also encourage the child to always do better using positive reinforcements.
Do the best schools in Nigeria pass WAEC and JAMB?
Of course, some of the best schools on our list appear here because of their track record of academic excellence.
These schools usually have a very high rate of students excelling in both WAEC and JAMB examinations in one sitting.
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED POSTS
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside these Top 100 Best Secondary Schools in Nigeria 2021
- Private Universities in Lagos and their Fees
- Best Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2021
- Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2021
- 15+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
- 15+ Scholarships for People with Glasses 2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate of 2021
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2021 and 2022.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.