Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, a leading insurance company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- The primary responsibility of the CFO is to manage the company’s finances, including financial planning, management of financial risks, record-keeping, and financial reporting
- Contributes to the formation of the Business Strategy and ensures that all financial policies, procedures and systems are sound.
- Oversees the preparation of Annual Operating Plan, Business Financial Plan and Analytics.
- Using appropriate forecasting tool, ensures that adequate measures are factored in to achieve business objectives.
- Provides financial direction, planning and accounting to the business, covering short-term and long-term financial goals.
Liquidity & Treasury Management:
- Ensures that optimal liquidity is available to deliver business plan.
- Negotiates/arranges external finance, if and when necessary.
- Reviews working capital/cash flow requirement on a regular basis
- Monitors banking activities for the Company for proper running and ensures regular reconciliations of all banking transactions.
Budgeting and Financial Forecast:
- Develops plans, budgets, forecasts and financial results to guide management decisions by forecasting requirements; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Presents operating and capital expenditure budgets for review and approval.
Financial Analysis & Interpretation:
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the Company.
- Responsible for capital planning and allocation as well as balance sheet optimization.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Coordination of financial reports within the Company.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of Insurance financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
Regulatory & Statutory Relationship:
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors (Internal and External Auditors).
- Coordinates regulatory and supervisory functions.
- Manages relationship with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. NAICOM, FIRS, LIRS, etc.
- Reviews and manages the Financial Risks undertaken by the business, and demonstrates a good understanding of the risk profile of the company whilst reporting risk issues, and mitigating all identified risks.
Internal Control & Monitoring:
- Ensures adequate controls are instituted and maintained to cover all financial transactions, and safeguard financial assets.
- Possesses versatile ability to handle various business applications within the Group.
- Oversees activities of employees and teams (i.e. hires, coaches, appraises rewards, motivates, discipline, etc).
- Works in conjunction with other senior management team members to set standards, priorities and schedules.
- Responsible for employee engagement within the Finance team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Finance-related field.
- Must be a qualified /certified Accountant ACA/ACCA
- MBA and CFA is an added advantage
- Minimum of 12 years’ financial experience, with at least 5 years in Senior Financial Management capacity spanning Corporate, Business Planning, Revenue Assurance, Treasury Management and Accounting with excellent knowledge of Insurance Business.
- Demonstrates excellent understanding of insurance financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory issues as well as global best practices
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage project/process.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent ability as a consultant/negotiator to influence company senior management.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong People skills- Building Collaborative Relationships, highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skill.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the executive team.
- Creative and forward-thinking skill.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong ethics
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know