The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Cleaner
Job Identification: 806
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Category: Other
Job Schedule: Full time
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Perform according to the work and development plan
- Sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors in the office and guesthouses
- Vacuum clean carpets, rugs and draperies, wipe down glass surfaces
- Dust and polish furniture and fittings and tidy up offices
- Clean (metal) fixtures and fittings and wipe down glass surfaces
- Empty and clean trash containers and dispose of trash in a sanitary manner, clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers
- Make up beds and change linens as required, iron and press clothing and linen and tidy up guestrooms
- Tidy up rooms and wash windows as scheduled
- Iron and press clothing and linen, sort, fold and put away clean laundry
- Maintain all cleaning/cooking equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
- Wash dishes and clean office/kitchen according to agreed hygiene standards
- Check all appliances in rooms are in working order
- Deliver any requested housekeeping items to guest rooms
- Ensure confidentiality and security of guest rooms
- Observe and report damage of office/guesthouse property.
- Perform any other task assigned by line manager.
- Candidates should be a High School Graduate.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Attention to detail/ reliability
- Listening skills
- Planning and organizing
- Adaptability/team work
- High energy levels
- Must be able to work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
12:02 PM, 18th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;