Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Job type: Full time
- This role is responsible for organizing and guiding the annual commercial plan development process. This will include developing and maintaining the master commercial calendar for cascading brand strategy for all SKUs.
- This will also include ensuring all deliverables associated with volume targets, sales budgets, KPIs and customer plan development are aligned cross-functionally and completed in accordance with the process timeline.
Roles & Deliverables
- You will be responsible for the sales planning and forecasting of your respective market. You will define the short and long-term commercial targets in the market in close collaboration with several commercial functions
- You will work closely with the warehouse and sales team and various commercial functions such as retail, pricing, finance, and supply. You will be supporting them with your analytical skills on commercial and strategic topics, as the main business planning and forecasting expert for your market.
- You will monitor the business performance in your market, point out and explain deviations, and derive commercial recommendations to close performance gaps.
- You will execute cross functional analysis to support trade-off decisions and projects on overarching topics with a direct impact on several parts of the business.
- You will participate and drive local strategic projects with high commercial impact, and you will work closely with the warehouse, and sales team
- You will model demand forecast overlooking local commercial activities and different investments areas (e.g. Pricing, Marketing, value proposition such as Payment, Logistics)
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of merchandising strategies.
- Creating eye-catching store layouts that showcase the brand and aesthetic of the company.
- Negotiating the costs of inventory for multiple stores.
- Preparing annual and quarterly budgets, and presenting them to the relevant stakeholders.
- Tracking inventory movement and systematically introducing promotions, sales, price changes, etc.
- Identifying trends and monitoring supply and demand.
- Collaborating with the marketing department to brainstorm new projects, campaigns, and business ideas.
- Interpreting sales reports and providing guidance on how to improve figures and customer engagement.
- Actively lead, mentor, develop, supervise and direct category managers to take on initiatives, execute and actively impact revenue.
- Develop and execute comprehensive assortment strategy, category expansion and exit plans that is optimized for company objectives and growth opportunities identified at category level.
- Responsible for product life cycle planning and execution from ideation till product discontinuation.
- Participate in buying decisions and ensuring the organization gets the best deals on prices and payment terms.
- Performance of research on competitors and their offerings, market share, customer behavior, and general market insights. He/she can also can also spot new opportunities for the business to branch into.
- First Degree from a reputable higher institution, MBA or Master’s in Economics, Finance, Statistics will be an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar work environment
- Strong Financial acumen and P&L management with an understanding of the need for rigor regarding spending choices and the importance of ROI
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex sets of data, make business recommendations based on analysis
- Strong technical skills in Excel. Knowledge in SQL or other programming languages is a strong plus
- Capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks and removing obstacles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures.
- Ability to creatively organize and present data in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work well cross-functionally.
- You should have great communication skills and can drive projects with different teams across the organization.
- You are business-fluent in English.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know