The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consortium Grants Manager
Requisition ID: req25570
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Job Overview / Summary
- Based in Maiduguri, Nigeria the Grants Manager will support an anticipated consortium award funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA), as an integral part of the Consortium Management Unit.
- The Grants Manager will provide oversight and coordination of all business development, reporting and communications for the consortium.
- The post holder will work closely with the Consortium Team Leader as well as technical, M&E, finance, operations and senior management teams across all partners to ensure quality management of both pre and post award grants functions.
- The Grants Manager will support donor compliance, timely reporting, high quality proposal development, project document filing, preparing donor briefs and donor/internal visibility. The position holder will be supervised jointly by the Senior Grants Coordinator and the Consortium Team Leader.
Grant Management and Business Development:
- Support the Consortium Team Leader to coordinate project cycle meetings including opening meetings, implementation meetings, and closeout meetings.
- Manage partner reporting processes including providing timelines and templates, drafting inputs as needed and reviewing/consolidating documents.
- Work closely with other members of the consortium management unit to ensure reports are of a high quality and submitted in a timely manner.
- Lead and coordinate the development of high-quality proposals, concept notes and project modifications including extension, budget realignments, and re-designs.
- Liaise with HQ units (Regional Unit, Awards Management Unit, Technical Units) to ensure documents meet internal standards and are responsive to donor requirements.
- Act as a focal point for IRC HQ grants administration and compliance colleagues, including maintaining submissions on IRC’s online opportunity management tracking system (OTIS).
- Monitor and support the use of grant/project management tools to ensure accurate tracking of reporting and programmatic adjustments through the project life cycle.
- Work closely with the IRC partnerships team to support sub-award monitoring processes.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Grants Coordinator and Consortium Team Leader.
- Maintain up to date comprehensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Provide training to partner staff on compliance and donor-specific compliance requirements.
- Ensure partners are aware of requirements and conditions of the grant agreement and sub award documents.
- Closely monitor reports and activities for internal or donor compliance issues, and flag concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensure consistent application of USAID branding and marking guidance on all internal and external communication products.
- Act as custodian of documentation of institutional knowledge and program activities in coordination with relevant technical and operations units.
- Maintain comprehensive electronic files for the award and ensure all partners and have access to relevant records and information.
Donor Relations and Communications:
- Together with Consortium Team Leader, liaise with the donor, consortium partners and other relevant external/internal parties through attendance at meetings, and representing the consortium and the consortium’s interests by maintaining positive and constructive relations.
- In coordination with relevant colleagues, respond to requests from donors for compliance information and respond to donor compliance questions as needed.
- Ensure that relevant staff members are aware of all donor communications, changes in regulations, and meetings or events.
- Facilitate and participate in donor visits and/ or meetings.
- Develop external communication materials including factsheets and program updates.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Consortium Team Leader
- Indirect/Technical Reporting: Senior Grants Coordinator
- Position directly Supervises: N/A
Key Internal Contacts:
- Country Program: Consortium Management Team, Senior Management Team, Grants, Finance, M&E, HR, Supply Chain, Safety and Security, Field Coordinators, Base Managers, and others as appropriate.
- Region/Global: AMU, Technical Units,
- Key External Contacts: Partners, donors, and others as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in International Affairs, Development, International Political Economy or other relevant qualifications.
- 2 – 3 years working in grants management and proposal/ business development/ design
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of USAID/BHA compliance regulations.
- Proven previous successful experience developing projects, writing proposals and donor reports.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures but also use own initiative, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure in an insecure environment.
- Aptitude to adapt to a different context regarding security, culture, climate, or health issues.
- Willingness to travel.
- Commitment to women’s rights and IRC’s vision, mission, and values, including sensitivity to cultural settings
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
Computer / Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know