Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Consultant – State Coordinator
Reports to: Project Director
Duration: 30 working days (Between October 2020-January 2021)
Career Category: Program / Project Management
- The State Coordinator will serve as liaison contacts between Jhpiego study team and IUFMP team in Ibadan to oversee all activities pertaining to the GBV mapping exercise.
- Also, the Coordinator will provide key support for the day to day management of all data collectors in the State during the period of assignment.
- Lead advocacy planning and visits to stakeholders within Oyo State,
- Organize required logistics for sensitization meeting
- Organize required logistics for field data collection,
- Oversee activities of data collectors during data collection, support adherence to standard operating procedures during data collection, verification and quality improvement.
- Provide supportive supervision during data collection,
- Participate in data analysis and report writing workshops.
- Provide on-going updates and reports to the Project Director on status of data collection, successes and challenges, and recommendations for overcoming them.
- Organize required logistics for stakeholders’ validation meeting
- Any other duty in relation to the assignment as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of BSc in Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing research activities involving qualitative/quantitative data collection.
- Strong leadership, management and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, patience and problem-solving abilities, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Excellent report writing skills in English.
- Familiarity with gender and gender-based violence programming is desirable and will be an added advantage
- Must have good working knowledge of the State and LGAs.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application letter and a CV as One Single Word document to: [email protected] using the “Position and Location” as the subject of the email.
Before you apply, it is very important you learn the following;
- East tips on how to write a motivation letter
- Why you Need a Good CV and Cover Letter
- 27 Easy Tips on How to Prepare for an Interview
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.