Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in six countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire and Uganda.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our extensive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Designer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a talented Content Designer with great design skills to join our team.
- You will translate client requirements into stunning designs and bring your creativity and fresh ideas to our client digital marketing efforts by creating incredible visuals that are attention-getting and on-brand.
- The Content Designer is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office. The role will report to the Director of Accounts & Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Clients/Account Managers to produce great designs.
- Create designs and layouts with high visual impact that will appeal to the client’s audience across the various platforms/channels.
- Quality control of designs and layouts including proofreading for spelling and grammar.
- Gather information and data for design briefs through research and demonstrate illustrative skills with and without rough sketches.
- Work only with the approved images and design assets. If using other images or assets, then you will be responsible for securing the appropriate rights, licenses and clearances to avoid copyright infringement.
- Work with a wide range of media, including photography and interactive design.
- Ensure the proper organisation and backup of graphic design work.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media and keep up to date with design software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and other software from the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain strong, trusting relationships with all internal and external partners – clients and internal teams.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree level of education is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Content Designer.
- Proven experience creating cool and impactful designs for client social media accounts.
- Solid understanding of design principles and practices.
- A good understanding of UI/UX design.
- Understanding of motion graphics.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and design software such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe XD and After Effects.
- Results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know