World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Ref No: 2003420
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 Months
Purpose of the Position
- WHO is supporting the government of Nigeria in her response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- There is an urgent need for data capture and analyses in the management of this pandemic and monitoring progress at all levels (Global, Regional, Country, and State levels).
Description of Duties
Under the guidance of the WHE Laboratory lead, the incumbent would perform the following duties;
- Support the NCDC (NRL) to develop and maintain required databases
- Conduct timely analysis and reporting of data
- Design data collection instruments and databases as needed
- Train state level laboratory data collectors on data collection and electronic data entry
- Regularly analyze collected data and provide feedback to state level users
- improve data quality through routine monitoring
- Improve data use and feedback of data to key stakeholders and reporting sources
- Ensure that data generated is properly managed and analyzed to facilitate data-driven decision making
- Secondary, technical or commercial school certificates with training in or technical certificate in data management
- University degree in the field of data management sciences, epidemiology, public health or related field.
- Possess at least 4 years’ experience in data management, and or working with public health surveillance /monitoring and evaluation system and Laboratory management systems (LIMS)
- Experience in GIS Map analysis (ARC GIS, QGIS, Health Mapper)
- Experience with STATA, MathLab, SPSS, CSPRO, Epi Info
- Previous related work experience in the UN or other International Development Agencies, Training on DHIS2 platform.
Use of language skills:
- Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required
Specific skills required:
- Job Knowledge: A good understanding of Laboratory Management Systems, data compilation and management and data analysis. In addition, experience, or knowledge of system integration with public health surveillance systems is an advantage
- Skills and Abilities: Possess advanced data management and analysis skills and proficiency with data management software (EPI-Info, Microsoft Excel, Access, SAS, SQL, or STATA). Experience with web- based applications – is desired.
- Producing results
- Communicating in a credible and efficient way
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings
Application Deadline 2nd September, 2020.
Other Ongoing Jobs in Nigeria
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.