The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2020 for African students is a fully-funded scholarship to study at Covenant and Landmark Universities. The DOF scholarship is open to undergraduate studies and it takes care of your Books, Accommodation and Other Expenses for five years.
Why not take a look and apply for this amazing scholarship offer.
What You Need to Know About the David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program 2020
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is the major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full-ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries.
It grants individuals the opportunity to build up the leadership potentials that are so evidently lacking in the leaders of our society, through the yearly programs and community development initiatives integrated with the 5-year duration of the scholarship.
The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities, and their local countries. The DOF scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria.
Each awarded candidate becomes a David Oyedepo Foundation Scholar (DOF Scholar) and is expected to meet up with the requirements in order to remain a DOF Scholar.
NOTE: The Bishop Oyedepo Undergraduate Scholarships 2020 application form is not out. Interested candidates now follow the steps below to learn how to apply for the scholarship. See the Oyedepo Undergraduate scholarships 2020 application details below:
- Free Online Learning Sites for Kids in 2020
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
Eligible Levels/Fields of Study
Oyedep Foundation Scholarship is designed for students pursuing their Masters, Undergraduate and Secondary Program.
Programs covered by the DOF Scholars Program at:
Covenant University are Accounting, Banking, and Finance, Mass Communication, Economics, International Relations, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical, and Electronics Engineering, Information & Comm. Tech, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Architecture, Applied Biology and Biotechnology, Microbiology, Computer Science, Industrial Physics-Renewable Energy
Landmark University are Animal Science, Soil Science, Crop Science, Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical, And Information Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Computer Science, Accounting/Banking & Finance, Economics and International Relations.
Candidates can apply to their chosen course of study. However, special consideration would be given to candidates whose courses fall under the following categories:
- Agriculture and allied courses
- Para Medical science
- Political science
- Education and allied courses
The DOF Scholarship will be host at Covenant University and Landmark University, Nigeria.
However, if you wish to study in Canada, read this >> Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021.
Don’t ever forget that the entire team of Academic Related have you at heart and will always provide you with latest and updated information on scholarships, study abroad programs, free online schools, etc.
Scholarship program is open to Young Africans (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique.
Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
However, there are numerous international scholarships for international students to study in any country of choice.
You can check this our heavily recommended post “How to Study Abroad for Free in 2020-2021“
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance with the University stipulated time for the duration of the chosen course).
The Oyedepo Scholarships 2020 does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance.
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
Duration of Scholarship
The Oyedepo Scholarships 2020 is for 4 or 5 years, this is subject to university stipulated time for course completion. The maximum duration of the scholarship award is 5 years for undergraduate programs.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships 2020 Eligibility
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
1. At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
2. 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
3. Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University.
Selection Process and Criteria
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit-based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel.
Following this review, the chosen finalists will be interviewed by David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, the applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship.
2020 David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program Application Instructions.
All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability.
- Displayed financial need.
- Outstanding character.
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement.
- A commitment to influence the home community with skills learned.
General Application Tips
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet-based application system. You will need to access a computer and the internet to apply.
- You would also need a scanner in order to upload the required documents.
- You do not have to finish your application in one session.
- You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary.
- You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- You must submit your completed application by the deadline, however, you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated into English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays, must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be considered. Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
How to Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships 2020
Applicants should visit the foundation’s website, read the application instructions and complete the online applications. DOF Scholarship Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
General/Contact Information Section
- Provide general information in specified formats within the application form.
- You will be required to provide documentation verifying age, and country of citizenship for eligibility if you are selected at the interview stage.
- Information filled in the Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGAL guardians.
- The contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the application and selection process. Please provide accurate addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
DOF Scholarship 2020 Application Deadline:
Winner chapel scholarship APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE
May 27, 2020 Applications Open
July 14, 2020 Application Closes
July 2020 Finalization of finalists applicants and contact of same
August – September 2020 Resumption of Scholars in Covenant and Landmark University.
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED POSTS
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this Winner Chapel Scholarship 2020
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000](Opens in a new browser tab)
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme 2020 in UK (Fully Funded)(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Adelaide Scholarships International 2020-2021 in Australia(Opens in a new browser tab)
- NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship 2020-2021(Opens in a new browser tab)
- NNPC/Eroton JV Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020-2021
- Boston University Presidential Scholarship 2020-2021 for International Students in the USA
- Exxon-Mobil Undergraduate Scholarship 2020-2021
- NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture Undergraduate Scholarships 2020 for Nigerian Students
We hope this article helped you determine what you searched or looking for. You may also like some of our recommended posts above.
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.