Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu — the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dedicated Services Engineer (EU Only)
Location: Lagos (Remote)
- This role is an opportunity for an EU resident technologist with a passion for Linux and Cloud to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products.
- If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
- Cloud engineers architect and run the leading cloud technologies on the market today and in the future.
- This includes OpenStack and Kubernetes for multi-cloud environments as well as automated infrastructure and service orchestration.
- The dedicated cloud engineer works directly with a Canonical customer to understand their cloud needs and help shape their cloud strategy.
- As a member of the team you will gain experience using a broad range of cloud technologies. Canonical clouds include future upgrades meaning you aren’t stuck working with old solutions.
- Canonical is a technology agnostic cloud leader, incorporating new solutions like Kubernetes as they become available staying up to date with the best open-source offerings.
- Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent Degree
- Software Development experience and familiarity with Python
- Demonstrated drive for continual learning
- Experience working directly with customers.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with OpenStack or Kubernetes deployment or operation
- We hope that you’ll join us in helping to shape and build the future of free software together.
- 100% Work-from-home w/i the EU
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
- Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs.
- We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know