The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Deputy General Manager, Communication
Division: Office of the Chairman
- Report to the GM/Head of Division Chairman’s office.
- Arrange and manage media activities of the Commission and facilitate adequate media reportage.
- Initiate, advice and execute media campaigns for the Commission.
- Liaise and facilitate good relationship between Commission and media.
- Maintain and update a register/contact addresses of media correspondents, editors and editorial board members.
- Draft press releases and statements and ensure the same is widely circulated on the social media, online and offline platforms.
- Scan and monitor the media space for news about and advise on possible reaction.
- Anchor the Commission’s publications, especially the PowerWatch Magazine or such other media publications.
- Prepare factsheets and media kits in collaboration with relevant Units/Divisions.
- Facilitate the cordial relationship between the Commission and the media.
- Responsible for web content management.
- Supervise the preparation and circulation of daily media review.
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Commission and Head of Division, Chairman’s office.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- Social Sciences / Humanities or Media / Communication Studies.
- Social media freak, team player, ability to deliver under pressure and public speaking.
- Minimum years of experience: 22 years in a related field.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know