APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Deputy Project Director
Requisition ID: api – 31121
Department: Strategic Information
- The Deputy Project Director will provide technical support to the Project Director in the implementation of Public Health Information Surveillance Solutions and Systems (PHIS3) activities.
- He will work with the Project Director, and other team leads to build and manage a highly efficient team to maintain collaborative working relationships with CDC Nigeria, GON Agencies, Implementing partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- This position requires substantial knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methods, Implementation science, scientific writing and documentation, training and capacity building in Quality Improvement methods.
- S/He will supervise the Health Informatics Lead and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Surveillance leads. S/he will report to the Project Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
- S/He will provide Technical leadership to the design, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of HIS, Surveillance and Clinical Laboratory projects in Nigeria.
- Ensure Civility, mutual respect, and accountability are key components of the culture in compliance with organizational policies, donor requirements, and GON regulations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of performance monitoring plans, as well as timely lead reviews to identify issues and drive evidence-based interventions to fulfill programmatic outcomes and objectives.
- Ensure project results, impact, innovations, and lessons learned are documented and disseminated.
- Assist the Project Director in ensuring organizational procedures for finance, administration, and security are in place and regularly reviewed and updated if need be.
- With the guidance of the Project Director, represent the project team in meetings and interactions with the Government of Nigeria, CDC Nigeria and other stakeholders
- Oversee capacity building activities to transfer skills, knowledge and technology to country stakeholders at the individual, organizational, and national levels.
- Assist in preparation and presentation of progress reports, achievements, and lessons learned to key stakeholders, including CDC Nigeria, the government, and other implementing partners, and in preparation for all such presentations.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
Qualification and Experience
- MBBS / MD, MPH or Ph.D. in Public Health, Epidemiology or related field
- A minimum of 8 years experience in Strategic Information
- Experience in HIV/ AIDS program development, implementation and monitoring in LMIC.
- A sound Knowledge of Strategic Information and Quality Improvement.
- A proven record of leading PEPFAR projects with at least 3 years of experience of leading CDC funded projects
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems, constraints and issues relevant to project implementation and performance
- Proven ability to lead, manage and mentor a diverse team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Excellent coordination and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning methodology and documentation processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Excellent ability in spoken and written English with high-level proficiency in a second language is highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know