Union Bank of Nigeria (“UBN”) was established in 1917 and is one of Nigeria’s long-standing and most respected financial institutions, offering a portfolio of banking services to individuals, SMEs, commercial and corporate clients. With a robust geographical network comprising more than 300 service centres and over 950+ ATMs spread across Nigeria, we have remained committed to helping individuals, families and businesses grow for nearly a century.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital & Innovation Associate
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram group for more job updates
Description / Responsibilities
The Innovation Associate will report to the Head of Digital and Innovation and play a key role in identifying and implementing projects consistent with our strategy and with significant impact throughout the Bank. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Implement an internal innovation strategy that will include a consistent pipeline of ideas to solve the problem areas experienced across business units and functions as well as run internal innovation challenges that will see ideas within the pipeline through to implementation.
- Develop business case and cost-benefit analysis to make the case for ideas, proposed partnerships or identified products or solutions for uptake by the bank
- Conduct external innovation challenges aimed at supporting creative and innovative solutions to relevant social problems.
- Drive an innovation culture within the bank through implementation of relevant initiatives.
- Support the development of board and senior management presentations including research related to macroeconomic indicators, banking industry and relevant policies, competitive landscape, emerging trends, market sectors, etc.
- Identify, manage and track strategic partnerships for the bank (e.g. Fintechs and other technology partners) to address the problem areas faced by business units and functions, improving product / service offerings with the ultimate goal of improving the bottom line
- Support translation of the bank’s long-term strategy for the annual strategic review/refresh cycle and execution tracking
- Establish an incubator type environment for new initiatives being developed; and assist the organization on approach, and potential adoption of relevant business concepts
- Create and maintain an innovation community of past and present participants of the external challenges and Fintech’s within our network to ensure an ecosystem of diverse minds, coming together to share ideas and resources in the spirit of collaboration
- Run top priority projects to materially improve the effectiveness and performance of the bank
- Facilitate project management for implementation of initiatives across the organization
- Coordinate and supervise detailed competitive, market, trend, economic and financial analysis to inform strategic decisions by top management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before you apply, it is very important you learn the following;
- East tips on how to write a motivation letter
- Why you Need a Good CV and Cover Letter
- 27 Easy Tips on How to Prepare for an Interview
See more Job Opportunities in Nigeria