Are you in need of Drew University Acceptance Rate information? This article covers all information about Drew University Acceptance Rate.
Drew University is more than just a place to get a degree; it is the start of a successful, purpose-driven life. Drew University is a vibrant, diverse, and generous learning environment that offers learning experiences that sharpen your skills, broaden your vision, and prepare you for a meaningful life and career.
Whether you want to go to graduate school or start a successful career, their undergraduate degree programs help international students as you adjust to studying in the United States while planning for a bright future.
You can benefit from their hands-on, customizable education and real-world learning experiences at Drew, such as one of their NYC Semesters.
With their Semester on Wall Street, you will learn alongside finance experts. Immerse yourself in the arts with hands-on learning that takes you to the center of Broadway and behind the scenes of New York City’s iconic museums.
Whatever your academic and professional interests are, their degrees will prepare you for the future, from Ivy League graduate school to in-demand jobs like data analytics and finance.
- Brief History of Drew University
- Why Choose Drew University?
- What is the Drew University Acceptance Rate?
- What is Drew University Tuition?
- What is Drew University Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- What is the Drew University Acceptance Rate By Major?
- What Are The Necessary Requirements For Drew University?
- What Are The Transfer Requirements For Drew University?
- What is The GPA Needed To Get into Drew University?
- What is the Drew University Deadline?
- What Are Drew University Decision Dates?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Editor’s Recommendation
Brief History of Drew University
Private Drew University is in Madison, New Jersey.
Drew University’s 186-acre (75 hectares) campus is covered in trees.
earning it the moniker “University in the Forest.” At the university’s three schools as of autumn 2020, more than 2,200 students were pursuing degrees.
Daniel Drew, a businessman and railroad magnate, bought a Madison estate in 1867 to establish a theological institution to prepare people for Methodist ministry. Later, the seminary expanded to provide graduate courses in 1955 and a liberal arts undergraduate program in 1928.
However, more than 1,600 undergraduate students are served by the College of Liberal Arts, which has significant concentrations in the humanities, arts, languages and literature, social sciences, natural sciences, and a number of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary subjects.
Also, more than 350 students are enrolled at The Drew Theological School, the third-oldest of thirteen Methodist seminaries connected to the United Methodist Church. The latter are preparing for professions in the ministry and academic study of theology.
In addition, more than 250 graduate students are enrolled in the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies, which grants masters and doctoral degrees in a range of specialized and multidisciplinary subjects.
Consequently, the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Higher Education has granted Drew University accreditation, allowing it to offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as professional or postgraduate certificates.
Drew was first accredited in 1932, and its certification was renewed in 2016 following a comprehensive evaluation.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate 2022 And Average GPA
Why Choose Drew University?
Drew is a bustling, multicultural, hospitable, intimate, and compassionate community. It provides 22 NCAA Division III athletic teams, over 90 student-run clubs and organizations, a plethora of campus activities, and a world of greater possibility. Drew centers everything around you.
Drew University is the only school in New Jersey to make the top 150 list of best national liberal arts colleges published by U.S. News & World Report in 2021. One of Fiske’s Guide to College’s Best Buys for 2022 is Drew.
Don’t Fail Also to Read: Curtis Institute of Music Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA and Admission Requirements
What is the Drew University Acceptance Rate?
73 percent of applicants are accepted at Drew University. In New Jersey, it has the ninth-lowest acceptance rate. If you meet the standards, you have a good chance of getting accepted to Drew University, which has a fairly demanding admissions process. 2,918 of the 3,989 applicants who applied last year were accepted.
Drew University normally accepts and draws individuals with a “B+” average or higher with a GPA of roughly 3.59. The majority of first-year students graduate in the top 25% of their high school class. 12 percent of those who were accepted decided to enroll in the university.
The Drew University application fee is $40
You can apply to the school using the Common Application
What is Drew University Tuition?
Drew University’s (Drew) students will pay $42,952 in tuition and fees in 2022, while graduate students will pay $20,440.
The average award amount is $27,520, and 88 percent of undergraduate students enrolling have received grants or scholarships.
After financial aid is applied, the net price is $34,482, which includes tuition, fees, books & supplies, and living expenses.
Consequently, its undergraduate tuition and expenses ($42,933 – private (not-for-profit) Baccalaureate College – Arts & Sciences) are around average for comparable institutions. The 2022 tuition and fees at Drew have increased by more than 5% this year (2022).
What is Drew University Transfer Acceptance Rate?
Twenty percent (20%) of the total student body of Drew University (DU) are transfer students.
DU (Drew University) received 229 transfer applications in 2022 and 194 pupils were admitted by the school. Therefore, Drew University’s (DU) transfer acceptance percentage is 84.72 percent.
This demonstrates how challenging it is to enroll at Drew University (DU).
Furthermore, 103 of the 194 accepted transfer students enrolled, making the yield 53.09 percent.
However, 85 out of every 100 transfer candidates are accepted by Drew University (DU).
What is the Drew University Acceptance Rate By Major?
The Drew University acceptance rate by major include:
- Social Sciences, General- 19%
- Business Administration and Management, General- 16%
- Visual and Performing Arts, General- 11%
- Psychology, General- 10%
- English Language and Literature, General- 6%
- Computer and Information Sciences, General- 4%
- Foreign Languages and Literatures, General- 4%
- Communication, General- 3%
- Physical Sciences, General- 3%
- Philosophy and Religious Studies, General- 2%
What Are The Necessary Requirements For Drew University?
The necessary requirements for Drew University are:
- Test Scores is Recommended
- High School GPA is Required
- High School Class Rank is Recommended
- Completion of College Preparatory Program is Recommended
- Recommendations is Required
- Demonstration of Competencies is Neither required nor recommended
You Should Also Read: Ithaca College Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA and Admission Requirements
What Are The Transfer Requirements For Drew University?
The transfer requirements for Drew University include:
- Apply Online via the CommonApp
- $40 Non-refundable Application Fee
- Letter of Recommendation* from a college-level professor or administrator
- Official College Transcripts (from all prior colleges attended)
- Proof of high school completion in the form of a high school transcript indicating your graduation date. You may submit a copy of your high school diploma if you have completed 24 or more college credits since high school graduation.
- SAT/ACT Scores (optional)
- Transfer College Report
International Students must provide the additional documents listed below:
- Results from the English Proficiency Exam (TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo). May be waived on a case-by-case basis on SAT/ACT scores or previous study.
- Certification of Finances
- International Student Financial Aid Application – Required if applying for need-based financial aid
- I-20 Information and Application – Due after deposit
What is The GPA Needed To Get into Drew University?
To be admitted to Drew University, applicants must receive excellent high school grades. The average high school GPA of Drew University’s admitted freshmen class was 3.59 on a 4.0 scale, showing that the majority of B+ students are accepted and ultimately enroll.
The school with the highest average GPA in New Jersey is ranked #5. You have a good chance of being accepted if your high school GPA satisfies these standards because Drew University accepts 73 percent of applicants.
What is the Drew University Deadline?
The Drew University deadlines are as follows:
Spring: January 2
Early Decision: November 1
Early Action: December 1
Early Decision II: January 15
Regular Decision: February 1 – After February 1, we will continue accepting applications on a space-available basis.
Fall Transfer: July 25
What Are Drew University Decision Dates?
If you apply as an Early Action candidate, your admission decision will arrive on or around January 15.
Not to mention that Geneseo is a well-known university. You won’t regret picking this college.
After reading this article, you should better understand the admission standards, normal GPAs, and acceptance rates.
If so, do post a remark below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Drew University give merit scholarships?
For students enrolling in the 2022–2023 academic year, Drew is offering three sizable merit-based academic grants.
Is Drew University a party school?
Drew is not a party school
Is Drew University accredited?
Drew University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- collegesimply.com– Drew University Admission Requirements
- collegetuitioncompare.com– Paying for Drew University
- campusreel.org– Drew University (DU) Transfers: 2022 Requirements, Dates, GPAs & More
- wikipedia.org– Drew University
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
- Macalester Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA & Admission Requirements
- IUP Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
- Korea University Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- University of Amsterdam Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA