Panagora Group is a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Driver
Job Opening ID: 527
Employment Type: Full time
Project / Activity: USAID / Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Zip / Postal Code: 000000
- Panagora Group, a small business specializing in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, global health, and international development, seeks experienced drivers for an anticipated USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity.
- This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria expected to start in Spring 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Panagora activity staff, subcontractors and independent contractors require travel to near and distant locations in Nigeria to conduct site visits, evaluation assessments, research, partner meetings, and other activities. The driver will be assigned to project vehicles to transport activity staff, consultants, and partners.
- He/she will be responsible for the safety of passengers, maintenance, and compliance with Panagora’s vehicle use policies and procedures.
- Operate the activity vehicles in a safe and efficient manner
- Follow all rules and procedures for vehicle use and fleet management, including detailed record keeping
- Support the maintenance schedule as directed by the Security and Logistics Specialist.
- Prepare regular fleet management reports and maintain accurate recording and monitoring of vehicle logbooks and usage.
- Implement and maintain vehicle and passenger security and safety procedures and systems.
- Be a reliable and proactive team member, creatively problem solving and maintaining strong communications with the entire operations team.
- Any other related duties as and when required.
- In addition to the responsibilities described above, the employee may be assigned additional responsibilities to support overall Nigeria MEL activity objectives. The employee will report to the Security and Logistics Specialist.
- Candidates should possess Secondary school certificate
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, preferably with USAID projects
- Driver License (Code B or higher) and with clean driving record
- Current Professional Driving Permit PrDP
- Demonstrated safe driving experience in client-facing settings
- General knowledge of and experience with vehicle maintenance
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English is required
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
This is a high profile job, so before you apply, it is very important you learn the following;
- East tips on how to write a motivation letter
- Why you Need a Good CV and Cover Letter
- 27 Easy Tips on How to Prepare for an Interview
- No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
- Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.