The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver III
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
- Perform necessary cleaning and washing of clinic vehicle and ambulance;
- Drive and maintain the clinic vehicle and ambulance in state of readiness;
- Convey and serve as liaison person between patients and hospitals when referred;
- Pick up vaccinations from designated places in town;
- Facilitate the movement of correspondences and medical exigencies to respective/assigned medical facilities;
- Collate, collect and distribute correspondence within and outside IITA;
- Participate in giving first aid treatment in case of emergency and during institute-wide sport activities;
- Participate in registration of patients and other administrative correspondence;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma Certificate in related field with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing similar or related role with possession of valid driver’s license.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Be versatile in driving various automobiles in country roads.
- Be able to follow instruction and work independently where necessary.
- Be able to communicate fluently.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
2nd December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;