AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full-time position below:
Job Title: Driver / Storekeeper
Reports to: Operations Manager
- The Driver / Storekeeper will be responsible to execute the warehouse storing activities in order to keep stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of the operations manager, and in collaboration with the logistics team.
- The Driver/Store Keeper is also responsible for managing the day to day operations of the means of transport like buses, vans, trucks and the drivers of the organization.
- S(h)e sees to it that staff members are safe, and makes sure that they don’t face any transportation-related problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for dispatching the proper loading of program vehicles;
- Must adhere to security and operational procedures;
- Ensures that vehicle log books are properly filled by drivers every month and submitted to Finance for review;
- Performs duties of the transport department and any other related duties whenever required;
- Provides mentorship for all drivers to ensure their driving skills are up to standard;
- Gives timely reports on the working condition of company vehicles and equipment;
- Responsible for filing reports for any delay, incident or accident;
- Keeps communication open with drivers, day program staff, staff members etc regarding transportation means;
- Coordinates the maintenance and repair of vehicles on a timely manner;
- Must oversee and schedule the day to day activities of transportation employees (drivers);
- Will be required to serve as a driver.
- Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
- Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the pharmacy in accordance with pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards and software.
- Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months.
- Preparing orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring proper packaging and dispatching and reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor. Informing Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches alert limit.
- Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, it includes:
- Ensuring cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy) and in close collaboration with the logistics department maintaining refrigerating equipment.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
- Receive all supplies and update stock cards accordingly.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of First Degree or HND in related field;
- Certification in logistics and inventory management is an added advantage;
- Possession of a valid Driving License including class D vehicles;
- Possession of certificate in logistics and fleet management;
- Over three (3) years of store management and driving experience in a reputable organization.
- Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions.
- Proficiency in computer operations.
- Good organizational skills in order to coordinate and see that all the employees are getting their transport on time.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: email@example.com Kindly indicate the position and the Location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS Word or PDF format.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;