DSS Nigeria Recruitment 2022-2023 Application Form Portal(www.dss.gov.ng)
DSS Recruitment 2022-2023: We have specifically prepared this page to guide you on how to apply for the Department of State Security job offers. Jobs are open for undergraduates and graduates.
We did prepare a sample application letter for DSS Recruitment 2022 for you in this article. Follow our well-guided steps to successfully apply for the DSS jobs in 2022.
Is DSS Recruitment 2022 form out?
No, the application for the DSS job is not ongoing.
What is DSS Job?
The Department of State Security (DSS) is one of the security agencies in Nigeria. They are fully responsible for the domestic security of the country. They are a brute police force that deals with the chaos that happens within Nigeria.
The Department of State Security can be used in anti-terrorism operations in Nigeria. However, the main task of the DSS is to provide security to the citizens of Nigeria.
DSS offers protection for State Governors, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Senate President, Vice President, President, and their families.
Is DSS and SSS the same?
The DSS and SSS which stands for State Security Service have similar work descriptions but they don’t do exactly the same work.
The SSS job is to enforces and upholds the criminal laws of Nigeria and provides criminal justice to law-enforcement organizations within the country.
The SSS agency is also charged with providing protection to all visiting foreign heads of state and government, candidates for the offices of Vice President and President, ex-presidents, High-ranking officers, and their families.
How Much is DSS Salary in Nigeria?
The DSS salary in Nigeria is very high compared with other security agencies. Although, the information about their salaries is classified and not made available for public consumption.
Nevertheless, the average salary of a DSS recruit is around N210,000. Salary estimated from 2 employees.
Other Ongoing Job Opportunities on Nigeria
How to Write Application Letter for DSS Recruitment 2022-2023
If you are applying for the job of a DSS, it is of best interest that you prepare a good application letter. This section will guide you on how to write an application letter for DSS recruitment 2022-2023.
Approved Application Letter Format for DSS Recruitment 2022-2023
The Director-General State Services(DGSS)
Department of State Services
APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT AS (PUT IN THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR)
I humbly apply for the recruitment into the Department of State Services as(put in the position you are applying for)
I am (Your Name), a female/male graduate from the department of (put in the department you graduated from) University of (put in the university you finished from) and also I possess (put in other certifications you have)
Kindly find attached photocopies of my cretentials.
I shall be grateful if my application is considered.
Your phone number
How do I Join DSS Nigeria?
If you want to join the Department of State Security, you have to follow the following guideline. We specifically prepared this article in a way that will aid your easy and successful application for DSS jobs.
General DSS of Nigeria Requirements 2022-2023
The Department of State Security invites graduates and postgraduates to fill in the positions in the recruitment 2022. It also provides general requirements for people who wish to become a part of Nigerian security service personnel. Here are the DSS Nigeria requirements:
1. You should be a Nigerian by birth or born to Nigerian parents. Foreigners are not allowed to take the DSS Nigeria Job;
2. Male candidates should be at least 1.7m tall (for certain posts it`s not necessary)
3. Female candidates should be at least 1.64m tall (for certain posts it`s not necessary);
4. The expanded chest measurement of the candidate must be at least 0.87 meters (for certain posts it`s not necessary);
6. The candidate should be certified by a Government Medical Officer;
7. The candidate must be mentally fit for service;
8. The candidate should be physically fit for service;
9. The candidates with the following medical cases can`t apply for the service:
- 1. Pregnant women;
- 2. Flat Foot;
- 3. Major orthopedic operations in the past;
- 4. Natural disabilities (fractures, stammering and others);
10. Any candidate who wants to apply for DSS in Nigeria can’t be a serviceman if he/she has been found guilty in any criminal offense in Nigeria or any other country;
11. Candidates who have any form of financial embarrassment can’t apply for DSS Nigeria recruitment 2022
12. Candidates who exceed 30 years of age can`t apply for DSS Nigeria.
If you do not have any of the below-listed qualifications, then you can`t apply for the service. You must provide at least a Bachelor`s Degree with the Second Class Upper Division. You can also provide the National Certificate of Education/National Diploma from a recognized institution. The credits and fields are listed below:
- Physical and Health Education;
- Electrical Engineering/Electronics Engineering/IT Specialist;
- Peace and Conflict Resolution;
- Guidance and Counseling (for female only);
- Computer Science;
Medical Doctors, Medical Officers, Consultants, Dental Officers and Nurses can also apply for DSS in Nigeria. However, such candidates should have the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Licence.
The DSS Nigeria is in need of various specialists. Check out the different posts in the DSS 2022:
- Software Developer;
- Satellite images interpreter;
- Pediatrician/Pediatrician nurse;
- Orthopedic surgeon;
- Mathematics education;
- Hospitality Managers;
- English education;
- Computer Engineer/Computer science education/Network engineer/Data Administrator;
- Electrical/Building/Mechanical/Satellite Communication engineer;
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2022-2023
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2022-2023
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2022-2023
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2022-2023
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2022-2023
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
How to Apply for DSS Recruitment Jobs 2022
It is very important for all candidates to note here that for you to apply for the DSS Nigeria, you must visit YOUR state of Origin State Security Service headquarters.
Unlike other jobs in Nigeria, the recruitment process for the DSS can’t be done online. If you want to start your application process – you should follow the DSS Nigeria Website www.dss.gov.ng for instructions.
Note: The Department of State Services (DSS) is not recruiting right now. However, we are expecting them to start recruitment soon. Keep visiting this page for more information on the recruitment as updates on the recruitment will be made available as soon as the application form is out.
State Security Service headquarters
The State Security Service headquarters is located at Aso Drive in Maitama, Abuja. Their website is at www.dss.gov.ng. Their motto is “Loyalty, Vigilance, Verity.
Steps to Take When Applying for the DSS Recruitment Exercise
- You should write a formal letter that indicates your Local Government of Origin. Please note that the letter should bear the signature of the head of your Local Government Area Council or any top official in your Local Government.
- The application letter must be handwritten, and it should be directed to the Director-General, Department of State Service.
- It’s important to submit all your statement of result.
- Applicants should provide two recent passport photographs, preferably with a color background.
- Once you get done with the above, simply contact the DSS headquarters in your State Of Origin, and then you submit your application.