Are you looking for admission to Eckerd College? Knowing some basic information about the school, you are aspiring to is good. So here is some information about Eckerd College’s acceptance rate, average GPA, and school admission requirements. Sit tight and read!!
In St. Petersburg, Florida, there is a private liberal arts college called Eckerd College. Part of the campus, which was established in 1958, is situated on the shores of Boca Ciega Bay.
Eckerd University features a student-run Maritime Search and Rescue squad and is known as a “beach school” due to its location.
Everything you’ll need to know about this institution, including the Eckerd College Acceptance Rate, has been put down in this article.
- Why Choose Eckerd College?
- What is the Eckerd College Acceptance Rate?
- What is Eckerd College Tuition?
- What is the Eckerd College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- What is the Eckerd College Acceptance Rate By Major?
- What Are The Necessary Requirements For Eckerd College?
- What Are The Transfer Requirements For Eckerd College?
- What is The GPA Needed To Get into Eckerd College?
- What is The Eckerd College Deadline?
- What Are The Eckerd College Decision Dates?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Editor’s Recommendation
Why Choose Eckerd College?
Students who desire a broad education and vibrant campus life might consider attending Eckerd College. Many of the Eckerd students exhibit creative influences and are very intelligent. Many of these youngsters are talented performers, artists, and leaders of the future.
Also, other colleges don’t offer many things that Eckerd can. Because the college is situated directly on Tampa Bay, marine biology majors can easily access the water.
In addition, it features excellent meals, committed educators, and small class sizes. Be ready to put in a lot of effort, but also take time to appreciate all that Eckerd offers.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate And Average GPA
What is the Eckerd College Acceptance Rate?
Eckerd College admissions are a little selective, with a 69 percent acceptance rate. The average SAT or ACT score for applicants at Eckerd is between 1090 and 1280, respectively.
However, 69 out of every 100 applications are accepted.
This demonstrates the school’s medium level of selection. The school is more lenient than other colleges, but they still expect you to satisfy their GPA and SAT/ACT criteria.
Therefore, if you meet or surpass their requirements, your chances of admission are excellent. But if you don’t, you can be among the unfortunate minority receiving a rejection letter.
Don’t Fail to Also Read: Colby College Acceptance Rate | Admissions, Courses and Scholarships
What is Eckerd College Tuition?
The cost of attending Eckerd College (Eckerd) for students in 2023 is $47,704.
The average award amount is $25,875, and 98 percent of undergraduate students enrolled in programs have received grants or scholarships.
However, the net price, which includes tuition, fees, the cost of books and supplies, and living expenses, is $39,761 after receiving financial aid.
Also, its undergraduate tuition and expenses are slightly more ($42,933 – private (not-for-profit) Baccalaureate College – Arts & Sciences) than the average tuition for comparable institutions.
Also Check Out: Rutgers University Newark Acceptance Rate and Average GPA
What is the Eckerd College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
Eckerd College received 252 transfer applications in 2022.
However, 77 pupils were admitted to the school. As a result, Eckerd College’s transfer admission rate is 30.56 percent.
This demonstrates how challenging transferring to Eckerd College is.
Additionally, 40 of the 77 transfer students who were approved enrolled, making the yield 51.95 percent.
Note that the acceptance rate is 31% for transfer students. That means they accept 31 out of every 100 transfer students at Eckerd College.
Read Also: Marist College Acceptance Rate: Admissions, Courses, And Scholarship
What is the Eckerd College Acceptance Rate By Major?
The Eckerd College Acceptance rate by major include:
- Environmental Studies- 16%
- Marine Biology and Biological Oceanography- 13%
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General- 10%
- Psychology, General- 8%
- Developmental and Child Psychology- 5%
- Business Administration and Management, General- 4%
- Communication, General- 4%
- Spanish Language and Literature- 4%
- Business/Commerce, General- 3%
- Visual and Performing Arts, General- 3%
- American Studies- 4%
See Also: UTEP Acceptance Rate and Average GPA
What Are The Necessary Requirements For Eckerd College?
Early Action or Rolling Admission is the two application choices offered by Eckerd College. Both programs are optional, and your decision is not required until May 1.
Eckerd’s Early Action program allows applicants to submit early and hear back quickly. The school includes all applicants in its Early Action pool if their applications and supporting documents arrive by November 15 with a postmark.
However, decisions about Early Action admission will be mailed by December 15. Early Action applications are non-binding, permit students to apply to additional universities, and do not call for an enrollment deposit until May 1.
Eckerd will start assessing applications submitted to the Rolling Admission pool on December 1st. As applications are finished, the school will review them and reply with their decisions.
For rolling applications, the school typically responds with a decision four weeks after an application is submitted. Rolling Admission permits students to apply to other universities and postpones the need for an enrollment deposit until May 1.
Furthermore, the requirements below are needed for admission into Eckerd College:
- Common Application or Eckerd College Application
- $40 Application Fee
- Official Test Scores (SAT or ACT) NOTE: Applicants for admission in Fall 2022 and Fall 2023 will not be required to submit SAT or ACT scores for consideration.
- Official High School Transcript and/or G.E.D. results
- Admission Recommendation Letter
- Personal Essay
You Should Also Read: Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
What Are The Transfer Requirements For Eckerd College?
The transfer requirements for Eckerd College include the following:
The required GPA for Eckerd is 2.50. (on a 4.0 scale)
Official transcripts of all attempted or finished college work must be submitted to Eckerd. An official high school transcript must be submitted if you haven’t finished more than two full terms.
If you have completed fewer than two full academic semesters at a college or university, you must provide official ACT/SAT test results.
Letters of Recommendation
Eckerd requires a letter of recommendation from a college professor or teaching assistant. You must also provide a letter confirming your good standing from the university you previously attended.
It is necessary to submit a personal essay explaining your motivation for applying to Eckerd and significant collegiate experiences.
A $35 nonrefundable application fee is required.
Although not necessary, a personal interview is required.
Also Explore: Kenyon College Acceptance Rate and Average GPA
What is The GPA Needed To Get into Eckerd College?
Many colleges have minimum GPA requirements, but in reality, this is frequently the bare minimum that is needed to apply without it being rejected right away.
The GPA criterion that counts is the GPA you need to have a legitimate possibility of being admitted. We consider the school’s current students’ average GPA for this.
At Eckerd College, the average GPA is 3.46.
However, Eckerd College needs you to have a GPA of 3.46 and be in the middle of your high school class. A mixture of A and B grades is required, with relatively few Cs.
Also, you can make up for a low GPA by enrolling in challenging courses like AP or IB programs. This will demonstrate your aptitude for college courses and raise your weighted GPA.
Looking for less acceptance rate, check out: Colorado College Acceptance Rate: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
What is The Eckerd College Deadline?
Application deadline is November 15th.
For submissions made after November 15
Applying for Winter Term
Before December 1st, applications and supporting documents must be submitted.
Check Also: Hamilton College Acceptance Rate and Average GPA
What Are The Eckerd College Decision Dates?
You’ll receive a decision from the school by December 15. Decisions will be sent within four weeks of receiving all application materials.
Finally, Eckerd College is an excellent school of learning. You won’t regret going to this school.
I hope all your questions on the acceptance rates, average GPA, and admission requirements were answered in this article.
If they were, pls don’t forget to comment below
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Eckerd College prefer SAT or ACT?
66 percent of pupils send their SAT results to Eckerd College. When applying, 55% of applicants give their ACT results.
Is Eckerd College difficult to get into?
At Eckerd College, 69 percent of applicants are accepted. This indicates that the school is only mildly selective.
What is Eckerd known for?
Eckerd is a cutting-edge liberal arts and sciences campus where students receive quality instruction and mentoring.
Is Eckerd a good school?
Eckerd College is ranked #128 in National Liberal Arts Colleges. This makes it a good school.
- niche.com– Eckerd College Admissions
- collegetuitioncompare.com– Paying for Eckerd College
- campusreel.org– Eckerd College Transfers: Requirements, Dates, GPAs & More
- eckerd.edu– FIRST YEAR APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND CHECKLIST
- collegetransfer.net-Transfer-Profile Eckerd College Petersburg, Florida
- prepscholar.com-Eckerd College Requirements for Admission
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
- Macalester Acceptance Rate | Average GPA & Admission Requirements
- IUP Acceptance Rate | Average GPA
- Korea University Acceptance Rate and Average GPA
- University of Amsterdam Acceptance Rate | Average GPA