Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Editorial Quality Assurance Manager
- We are looking for an Editorial Quality Assurance Manager who will review stories and posts on our Pulse websites across Africa for accuracy, to ensure that we deliver quality content consistently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee content published on the websites to ensure a high quality finished product
- Examine content for clarity, and consistency
- Identify and correct inconsistencies and errors in grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation
- Verify accuracy and check sources of content when necessary
- Ensure adherence to our content framework for consistency in hyphenation, capitalisation, quotation, etc
- Edit and ensure the quality of online content, including text, multimedia, HTML, and XML assets
- Perform technical quality assurance to verify the functionality of online simulations
- Working collaboratively with the editorial team and resolving queries directly with the author, e.g. style and text inconsistencies
- Maintain awareness of new words or phrases coming into popular usage with a view to ensuring they’re appropriate for the readership
- Ensuring QA task deadlines are met
- Improve key editorial steps/processes and suggest improvements
Desired Skills & Experience
- A strong editorial/ journalism background in digital media
- Ability to edit stories quickly and with an eye for accuracy
- Knowledge of technical SEO to aid coordination with elements and structure of our web pages and in providing sound analyses and recommendations
- The ability to pay close attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliability and efficiency in a fast-paced environment
- A lot of energy and enthusiasm.
Remuneration is competitive and you will work collaboratively with a passionate and hardworking team in a fast-paced international work environment – plus support, mentorship and guidance from our Senior Management Team for real career growth.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know