Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu – the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager, Managed Services
- This role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux and Cloud to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products.
- If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
- The BootStack team designs, builds, and operates modern distributed systems on private infrastructure for customers.
- From Kubernetes to OpenStack and everything in-between, you’ll be working with the latest technology in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- As a BootStack Engineering Manager for the BootStack team, you will be responsible for managing the engineers that oversee day-to-day Managed Service of customer environments, including customer service management, managed services operations and consistent product improvement engineering.
- Collaboration with customers, product engineering, and operations is critical to success.
As an Engineering Manager, you will
- Manage a growing engineering team to optimise the quality and velocity of both development and operations
- Identify and measure team health indicators
- Implement disciplined engineering and operations processes
- Represent the BootStack team with respect to stakeholders, customers, and external teams
- Ensure proper team focus on priorities, milestones, and deliverables
- Work to meet service level agreements with customer deployments around the globe
- Deliver quality managed services in a consistent, timely manner
The successful Engineering Manager candidate will have
- Bachelors (or equivalent Degree level) education in a technology field
- Proven track record of at least 5 years professional experience of either software delivery using Python, Go, C, C++, Java, or similar and/or managing operations teams
- Demonstrated strong commitment to testing methodologies and maintainable code quality
- Experience with Linux system administration, Ubuntu/Debian a plus
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience working in and managing distributed teams
- Technical aptitude for understanding complex distributed systems
- Knowledge about common design patterns (interfaces, …)
- Experience with cloud topologies and technologies
- Travel to team and company events and customer meetings, roughly 20% or less.
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know