Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job ID: 2200007350
Job: Business Support and Management
Employee Status: Permanent
The Executive Assistant, is responsible for:
- Assisting the ED, to provide administrative, secretarial support and to primarily run the office and his direct report request.Day to day management of his office
- Assisting the Country/Cluster Managers in providing secretatrial duties.
- Highlighting risk and concerns to the ED, so that it can be highlighted and addressed.
- Support to CMs; contribute to ensuring timely, effective, efficient and quality service delivery of the Department
- Provide support to Chief Financial Officer in the co-ordination of the departmental activities by ensuring that the CFO (and other Finance Managers) meet their objectives and serve internal and external customers in an efficient and timely manner. This includes ensuring, on a day-to-day basis that matters that require follow up are acted on by the CFO (and other Finance Managers).
- Handle all correspondence and communication including mail, faxes, letters, and memorandums and responding to routine mail, handling telephone and customer enquiries related to the CFO (and other Finance Managers).
- To receive and manage the CFO’s mail and distribute as appropriate.
- Word-processing of all correspondence for the CFO (and other Finance Managers).
- To provide the appropriate response to customer enquiries and/or re-direct some of the enquiries to relevant officers of the department/ division.
- To respond to client/customer/ supplier enquiries in a professional manner so as to project and maintain the Bank’s image at all times.
- Managing the facilities/office equipments, and any other related tasks
- Maintenance of cost centre control of expenses.
- Organization of logistics for travels, meetings, trainings/ workshops and events.
- Receive and coordinate logistics for all Group/ Regional/ Cluster guests
- Maintaining internal compliance regulations for the team.
- Handle day to day management of the team requests in the office.
- Maintaining an organized and logical filing system and client base
- Management of the CFO’s diary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all correspondence and communication.
- Filing of team member’s expenses, claims, office purchase receipts etc.
- Ensure that all team members comply with Group compliance processes such as clear desk policy, information protection (locking systems while away from seats)
- Process OTTs, BTAs, Chequebooks, Cards etc for the ED/CFO
- Ensure effective and efficient communication across the Cluster.
- Ensure Finance policies are followed across West Africa and escalate where necessary to the ED/CFO on any issues of concern.
- Constant monitoring of Gaps and Potential risk issues so as to ensure that they are closed / mitigated within reasonable timeframe
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Manage monthly departmental meeting process including timely producing of agenda, minutes etc. Track and follow-up on actions points until closure.
- Handle OL admin for Finance including record keeping on training ; follow-up on staff to complete e-Learning modules
- Co-ordinate Finance departments “My Voice” Impact Planning, monitoring and team building activities
- Co-ordinate Finance CSR activities
- Leave management and tracking.
- Monitoring stationery stocks and ordering new supplies
- Maintain efficient and effective computerised and manual filing and retrieval system. Manage the Finance and Administration’s archival and retrieval processes.
- Arrange all travel, hotel reservation and visa arrangements for the CFO and Finance & Admin staff, as well as any visitors who may be coming specifically to do business with Finance.
- Co-ordinate meetings and conference calls for the CFO (and other Finance Managers), which includes correspondence to relevant parties, booking meeting rooms etc; ensuring that all relevant meeting information and materials are distributed in good time.
- Assist with the arrangements of any functions i.e. client or staff related for the CFO (and other Finance Managers) e.g. conferences, group visits etc.
- Assist in general Finance Operational Risk Management and Assurance process, including completion and submission of assigned Country Finance KRIs, KCIs and CSTs.
- Put together Minutes of Meetings
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Support Other Teams within Finance Function:
- Provide support to other teams within Country Finance Function.
- Coordinate and consolidate all key CFO/ Finance presentations (Exco, Board, ALCO etc) within stipulated time frame; ensuring they are of high quality.
- Support the team to compile all documents required by internal/ external auditors and examiners before and during audit
- Raise e-proc requests for Finance, ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with the Bank’s policy.
- Serve as back-up to Account Payable Manager, when necessary
- Execution of other tasks that may be assigned by Head, Balance Sheet and Performance Management. Some of the tasks include:
- Circulation of the daily FTP rates, Loan- to-Deposit Ratio, daily deposit tracker, Risk Indicator Dashboard
- Update daily balance sheet and daily back testing, deposit tracker,
- Monthly journals and monthly cost reports for the GSFs in Nigeria
- Other ad-hoc tasks directed by the Balance sheet and Performance manager.
- Highlighting risk and concerns to the ED, so that it can be highlighted in appropriate risk forums.
- Ensure the smooth running of the prjojects the ED is leading .
- Ensure CH’s complete and submit all report and request sent to them for feedback.
- Ensure adherence to all Processes, Policies and Procedures.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Key stakeholder interactions are ED, Country CFOs, Financial Controllers.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 4 years corporate experience
- First Degree (2.2 equivalent) in any discipline from a recognised institution
- Professional accounting qualification (ICAN/ACCA, etc) desirable – Fully or partial.
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations added advantage.
- Proficiency in English language required.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know