KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Experienced Financial Reporting Specialist, Insurance and Financial Services
Employment Type: Contract (3 – 6 Months)
- We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Reporting Specialist with technical accounting experience in the financial services sector to work with our accounting advisory Services unit to assist clents in achieving their finansal reporting requirements.
- Acts as a key team lead reporting directly to the engagement manager/director –
- Handles responsibility relating to accounting for transactions, liaising with auditors during the audit process and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Produces timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in line with International
- Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) including consolidating subsidiaries and recognising associates using equity method of accounting
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the engagement lead.
- B.Sc in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- A minimum of six years of professional experience working in a reputable organisation accounting firm with core insurance or financial services experience
- MSC/MBA is a plus
- Strong financial reporting skills together with excellent knowledge of IFRS frameworks and standards as it
- relates to financial statements of financial services entities
- Good knowledge and use of accounting software packages
- Problem solving and ability to work in a dynamic environment with pragmatic
- Strong communication skills plus ability to explain technical IFRS concepts and implications to management and staff
- An analytical and inquisitive mind comfortable with numbers.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: NG-FMCareers@ng.kpmg.com with “Financial Reporting Specialist-JFS001” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know