Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Manager / Production Chemistry Lead
Employment Type: Full-time
- Laboratory equipment (US$100,000), Managing communication with Third parties, producing various reports accurately.
Job Context and Main Activities
- Job operates in a challenging environment where high degree of professionalism and relationship management are required to support the realisation of corporate objectives.
The following activities are key to the achievement of the principal accountabilities of this job:
- Professional leadership and support to EA facilities
- Preparation of accurate and timely reports as may be
- Identification of risks and challenges that can impact on can impact on the delivery of efficient laboratory services
Decision Making Authority/Level of Supervision Required:
- Minimal supervision in handling technical and professional problems is required. Provide advice and make decisions on laboratory matters that can influence the success of the business.
- Internal: Facility Manager, Operations teams, Maintenance Teams and Operations Support, C&P
- External: Chemical Suppliers, Third party customers (WalterSmith, Addax), Maintenance Contractors, regulators (NUPRC, NMDPRA) etc.
- Handling hazardous chemicals, commitment to safety, Environmental protection.
- Compliance of standards and procedures, ability to respond to emergency samples and analysis.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
- A minimum of B.Sc or HND in Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry.
- Minimum of 3 years sampling and analytical experience in oil and gas production chemistry laboratory.
- Experience in the application of Good Laboratory Practices and ISO Standards related to Quality Assurance.
- Demonstrate ability in the use of Procedures and Lab Quality Manual (LQM). Aptitude for solving problems.
- Ability to analyse and survey data to draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Health and Safety:
As a minimum the incumbent must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to self.
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with information and training provided.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environment reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorisation and/or training has not been given.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online