Federal Ministry of Education – The Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) is Federal Governments Agency saddled with the responsibility for coordinating all aspects of UBE programme implementation. The Universal Basic Education (UBE) Programme was introduced in 1999 by the Federal Government of Nigeria as a reform programme aimed at providing greater access to, and ensuring quality of basic education throughout Nigeria.
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
Applications are invited for the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) Federal Teachers’ Scheme recruitment 2020 / 2021 (https://fts.admissions.cloud/home) as follows:
Federal Teachers’ Scheme Recruitment 2020 / 2021
Title: Federal Teachers’ Scheme (FTS) 2020 / 2021
- Applications are invited from eligible candidates for recruitment into the Federal Teachers’ Scheme (FTS) for 2020/2021 service period. The Federal Teachers’ Scheme (FTS) is a two-year intervention programme established by the Federal Government in 2006 to assist States in addressing teacher shortage at basic education level.
- The service period is for two (2) years or as may be determined by the Universal Basic Education Commission.
Federal Teachers’ Scheme (FTS) 2020 / 2021 Eligibility
Only candidates who fulfill the following conditions need apply:
- Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree with Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), of not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) and not earned earlier than 2014. Must have completed or exempted from NYSC.
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with credit passes in Teaching Practice and the Teaching Subjects, and not earned earlier than 2014.
- Specialisation in any of the following subjects:
- English Language
- Computer Science
- Technical/Technology Education
- Computer Science or Information Technology
- Nigerian Languages
- Physical and Health Education
- Integrated Science
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Agricultural Science
- Home Economics
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- Not currently employed or enrolled under NYSC, N-Power or any similar programme.
The Federal Government shall pay each participant an allowance of N30,000.00 per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should visit https://fts.admissions.cloud/home
Before you apply, it is very important you learn the following;
- East tips on how to write a motivation letter
- Why you Need a Good CV and Cover Letter
- 27 Easy Tips on How to Prepare for an Interview
Application Procedure for the Federal Teachers’ Scheme 2002/2021
Candidates will be required to upload their credentials (as listed on the site) together with their most recent passport photograph.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a Computer-Based Test as scheduled below:
- Date: Saturday, 10th October, 2020
- Venue: At designated CBT Centre in each State Capital (Information on this will be provided by the State Universal Basic Education Boards (SUBEBs) and UBEC Zonal and State Offices).
- Time: 9.00 am.
- All enquiries relating to the online application should be directed to: [email protected] and +2347036662931.
- Enquiries about the Scheme should be directed to: 08033109307, 08033364779 and 08036014258.
Application Deadline 24th September, 2020.