A leading Multinational Company in the Telecommunications Sector is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fibre Operations Officer
- Resolve, repair and install fibre optics systems and ensure that they work properly.
- Examine and replace faulty and old fibre optic cables and also organize scheduled maintenance routines in stipulated time line (MTTR).
- Take care of fiber splicing and rectify fibre optic problem areas.
- Develop sensor indicators and conduct timely inspections to make sure that faulty fibre optic system does not destabilize its performance.
- Execute premises cabling and take care of the underground and underwater cabling requirements.
- Formulate and maintain system records and system designs.
- Should have hands on experience to operate OTDR, Splicing Machine, Laser Source and Power meter.
- Should have ability to identify fibre fault and analyze the fibre traces.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of a first Degree in Electrical Electronics Engineering.
- 3 – 5 years experience in installation and maintenance of fibre optic systems including fibre preparation and splicing.
- Expertise in maintaining existing cables, including evaluation tests and repairing old or malfunctioning cables.
- Good understanding of the types of cable. cable colour codes and other cabling technique.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of primary specifications and parameters.
- Right of Way (ROW) experience will be an added advantage.
- Extremely attractive and competitive remuneration packages.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a scanned passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “FOO” as the subject of the mail.
Note: All applications will be treated in confidence and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;