Rochester Institute of Technology is offering a free online course on Cybersecurity Capstone. In this free online course on Cybersecurity Capstone, students will perform a set of hands-on lab exercises in a web-based virtual environment.
Learn Cybersecurity Capstone online for free. Before enrolling in the course, students must successfully complete and pass the four courses in the RITx Cybersecurity MicroMasters program as a verified learner. Upon successful completion of the Cybersecurity Capstone, students will receive the Cybersecurity MicroMasters certificate. This free online course will start on June 20, 2020
Course At a Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 10-12 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Rochester Institute of Technology
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $600USD
Session: June 20, 2020
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
About This Course
The Cybersecurity Capstone is specifically designed to provide a platform for verified learners to practice the hands-on cybersecurity skills and techniques studied in the courses of the RITx Cybersecurity MicroMasters program. It also includes the evaluation of the competencies and performance tasks that enable professional cybersecurity success.
During the Cybersecurity Capstone, you will perform a set of hands-on lab exercises in a web-based virtual environment. Below are the requirements to successfully access the virtual environment:
- Access to a laptop or desktop computer
- A fast internet connection
The areas of hands-on lab activities include, but are not limited to:
- basic systems and network services such as firewall, DNS, DHCP, Wireshark
- digital forensics investigation with tools such as Encase, FTK, and Volatility Framework
- Network security related tools such as port scanning, Snort, and Metasploit, etc.
The lab activities will be assessed by sets of questions, lab reports, and a proctored exam using the edX platform.
The Cybersecurity Capstone is a practice of hands-on skills and an assessment of various knowledge attained through the Cybersecurity MicroMasters program which includes:
- Implementing solutions to secure computer systems and networks
- Performing digital forensic investigations of real-world cases
- Detecting and investigating network intrusions.
- Bo Yuan: Bo Yuan is a professor of computing security at the B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences at RIT.
- Jonathan S. Weissman: Jonathan S. Weissman is a senior lecturer in the Department of Computing Security at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Yin: Yin is a Professor in the Computing Security department.
Find Scholarships to Study Abroad in 2020
Click on any of the following countries to find scholarships for your study abroad destination.
- Scholarships to study in Canada 2020
- Scholarships to Study in the US 2020
- Scholarships to Study in the UK 2020
- Scholarships to study in Germany 2020
- Scholarships to Study in Australia 2020
Find more scholarships in 2020 always visit our scholarship search engine at https://www.academicrelated.com/
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once the applicant signs up for a course and activates their account, click on the Log In button on the org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)