Contrary to what a lot of people actually think, it is possible to study mechanical engineering online, and there are a good number of free online Mechanical engineering programs that students can choose from.
An opportunity to study mechanical engineering for free and from the comfort of your home is something no interested student should miss out on, that is why Academic Related has taken the stress of compiling a list of different free online mechanical engineering programs. In the course of reading, you will gain insight on what each course entails, what should be known by the end of the free
What is a Mechanical Engineer?
Mechanical engineering is the study, design, development, construction, and testing of mechanical and thermal sensors and devices, including tools, engines, and machines. Mechanical engineering careers center on creating technologies to meet a wide range of human needs.
Mechanical engineering subjects include automobile engineering, manufacturing engineering, power plant engineering, thermal engineering, and mechatronics engineering, which is a combination of electrical, computer, and mechanical engineering.
What do mechanical engineers do? Mechanical engineers generally work in offices but are sometimes called to the field, visiting worksites when a problem or piece of equipment needs their personal attention, and to oversee elements of construction. Mechanical engineers work mostly in engineering services, research and development, and manufacturing.
Jobs in Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical engineers typically need a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology. All states require mechanical engineers who sell services to the public to be licensed.
The job outlook for mechanical engineers is bright, primarily because it is such a vast and interdisciplinary field. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics there will be a projected 9% growth in the mechanical engineering field from 2016 to 2026.
Based on the same report, the median income for mechanical engineers in May 2016 was $84,190 per year, with job prospects most abundant for those who stay up-to-speed on developments in this ever-evolving field.
Currently, a search for mechanical engineering jobs on Indeed.com yields over 50,000 results with 31,812 of those open positions commanding a salary of $70,000 or more.
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2021
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2021-2022
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2021-2022
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2021-2022
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2021-2022
This free online course for mechanical engineering is an introduction to learning and applying the principles required to solve engineering mechanics problems. Concepts will be applied in this course from previous courses you have taken in basic math and physics. The course addresses the modeling and analysis of static equilibrium problems with an emphasis on real world engineering applications and problem solving.
This free online course for mechanical engineering aims at acquainting you with the modeling and simulation of complex articulated mechanical systems, denoted as multibody systems, such as vehicles, merry-go-rounds, bicycles, cranes, human bodies, suspensions, robot manipulators, mechanical transmissions, etc.
Fluid power has the highest power density of all conventional power-transmission technologies. Learn the benefits and limitations of fluid power, how to analyze fluid power components and circuits, and how to design and simulate fluid power circuits for applications.
In this free online course for mechanical engineering majors, you will be introduced to the fundamental principles and analytical modeling of fluid power components, circuits, and systems.
The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. And it’s disrupting every industry. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity—whether you’re an entrepreneur, designer, or engineer.
Today’s dominant technology trends—cloud computing, mobile technology, social connection, and collaboration—are driving businesses and consumers alike to explore profoundly different ways to design, make, and use things. This kind of industry transformation has happened before, but the pace of change is now much faster.
Flying drones or robot manipulators accomplish heavy-duty tasks that deal with considerable forces and torques not covered by a purely robot kinematics framework. Learn how to formulate dynamics problems and design appropriate control laws.
In this free online course for mechanical engineering majors, part of the Robotics MicroMasters program, you will learn how to develop dynamic models of robot manipulators, mobile robots, and drones (quadrotors), and how to design intelligent controls for robotic systems that can grasp and manipulate objects.
Are you interested in improving your mechanics or introducing yourself to the subject altogether? Join our unique course, devised by the Ural Federal University. Through our innovative approach, you will receive the basic traditional material by engaging in practically-oriented tasks and learn the strictly theoretical mathematical analysis of basic concepts.
This course on ‘Advanced Machining Processes’ is also known as “Unconventional Machining Processes”, “Modern Machining Processes”, and “New Technology”. It deals with the latest machining processes named as “Advanced Machining Processes”. They have been divided into three parts:
- Part 1 deals with mechanical type advanced machining processes such as Ultrasonic machining, water jet machining, abrasive water jet machining.It also includes micro-/nano-finishing processes viz, abrasive flow finishing, magnetic abrasive finishing, etc.
- Part 2 deals with thermal machining processes for example, electric discharge machining, laser beam machining, electron beam machining, etc.
- Part 3 elaborates chemical and electrochemical machining processes.It includes some hybrid machining processes namely, electrochemical grinding, electric discharge grinding and similar others.
- Stress and Strains in 3-D – Cauchy formula, Principal Stress, hydrostatic stress, deviatoric stress, stress transformations, Mohr circle, octahedral shear stress, strain energy densities, etc.
- Theories of failure.
- Beam on elastic foundations.
- Bending of curved beams – Crane Hooks & Chains.
- Torsion of Non-circular members, hollow members, thin walled sections; Membrane Analogy.
- Columns – Straight & initially curved columns, Rankine formula.
- Energy Methods – Energy Theorems, Use of energy theories for calculating deflections, twists, solution to torsion (non-circular) problems.
- Unsymmetrical bending, shear centre.
- Introduction to Photoelasticity.
In this course, students gain a holistic view of the aircraft system. Topics include the fundamentals of systems engineering; cost and weight estimation; safety and reliability; risk analysis and management; and more.
The course covers lessons in Introduction and Fundamental Concepts, Zeroth Law and Fundamental Concepts, Different Kind of Energy and First Low, First Low, Second Law and Its Corollaries, Second Law and Available Energy, Joule-Kelvin Expansion: Properties of Pure Substances, Properties of Pure Substances, Properties of Pure Substances: Ideal Gases, Vapors Power Cycle, Gas Power Cycle.
Find Scholarships to Study Abroad in 2021
Click on any of the following countries to find scholarships for your study abroad destination.
- Scholarships to study in Canada 2021
- Scholarships to Study in the US 2021
- Scholarships to Study in the UK 2021
- Scholarships to study in Germany 2021
- Scholarships to Study in Australia 2021
Find more scholarships in 2021 always visit our scholarship search engine at https://www.academicrelated.com/
During the last several decades, micro-system research mainly addressed electromechanical systems and in recent years, the focus has shifted to Bio-Microelectromechanical Systems (BioMEMS). This shift is driven primarily by the potential applications of the micro-systems to chemistry, biology and medicine.
This free online course would be relevant for mechanical engineering manufacturing science/ fluidic streams graduate students and some senior undergraduate students.
Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics and Principles of Conservation: Continuity Equation, Navier Stokes Equation, Energy Equation and General Structure of Conservation Equations, Classification of Partial Differential Equations and Physical Behaviour, etc.
- Design of Machine Elements I
- Dynamics of Machines
- Finite Element Method
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Kinematics of Machines
- Manufacturing Processes II
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Micro and Smart Systems
- Refrigeration and Airconditioning
- Solar Energy Technology
- Symmetry, Structure, and Tensor Properties of Materials
- Understanding Lasers and Fiberoptics
- Vibration of Structures
What Are The Advantages of Free Online Mechanical Engineering courses with a certificate?
- Students have the luxury of studying from home
- Online courses usually cost less than offline programs.
- You earn a certificate after you have completed the course from a school abroad.
- The certificate from the online engineering course would be a great hype to your resume
What are the Disadvantages of studying Mechanical engineering from home?
- Most organizations do not value the certificate obtained from an online mechanical engineering course
- Students do not get the opportunity to interact with each other
- Online courses lack the practical experience mechanical engineering students need
- The leverage of studying from home can make students lazy, and take the class unseriously.
Conclusion: Free Online Mechanical engineering Courses
As the years go by, there will be an increase In the demand for mechanical engineers with the rapid improvement in technology, so there is no better time to take a free online engineering course in Mechanical engineering.
I would advise you to take advantage of these courses to earn a certificate in Mechanical engineering in less than three months almost for free.