The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
Job Title: Funding Officer – Treasury, Financial Operations Department
- The position of Funding Officer-Treasury is responsible for supporting the OPEC Fund’s borrowing program including Treasury operations with respect to ratings, issuance and investor relations activities.
- The candidate coordinates with other functions and stakeholders in the funding process across the Fund in accordance with the borrowing strategy and framework.
- Furthermore, the position holder is expected to have acquired the necessary experience and skills to fulfil the responsibilities related to debt funding, fixed income trading and hedging operations. The position has no supervisory function/s.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and execution of OPEC Fund’s annual borrowing program in accordance with the Board’s approved liquidity policy
- Formulate new funding strategies, taking note of net cash requirements, current market conditions and future debt market projections
- Take part in the resource mobilization activities from capital markets through recommending and executing transactions based on target size, terms, currency, and maturity, while ensuring compliance with the Fund’s policies and borrowing strategy
- Assist in the structuring of bond issues and obtaining clearance from the relevant committees while maintaining compliance with the OPEC Fund’s risk management policies relating to liquidity, treasury operations and ALM
- Negotiate with financial institutions, execute borrowing transactions and related swaps in accordance with approved terms and ensure timely completion and accuracy of documentation with the assistance of the Legal Department
- Research and recommend trustees, paying agents and other related parties for execution of capital market activities
- Prepare OPEC Fund’s Information Statement and prospectuses/offering circulars for new borrowing, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information contained therein
- Participate in deal roadshows, investor conferences and develop investor database/portal
- Develop a relationship with key external stakeholders, including bond investors, regulators, banks, rating agencies, external auditors, external legal advisors etc.
- Align with Senior Funding Officer and other functions within the Financial Operations Department as well as other stakeholders in the funding process across the Fund
- Carry out other related duties as may be directed by the Director, Treasury.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Preferably 3 years of experience in an international development institution.
- Working knowledge of debt capital markets, fixed income portfolio management, derivatives, asset-liability management, and financial and risk management
- Proven skills in trading, risk management and hedging
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of other major languages is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and analytical skills, as well as high level of integrity and drive for achieving results
- Proficient in the use of Treasury Management Systems and Bloomberg’s information and trading platforms
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before you apply, it is very important you learn the following;
- East tips on how to write a motivation letter
- Why you Need a Good CV and Cover Letter
- 27 Easy Tips on How to Prepare for an Interview
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.