Panagora Group, a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: GIS & Data Visualization Senior Specialist
Job Opening ID: 516
Location: Abuja Capital Territory
Employment Type: Full time
Project / Activity: USAID / Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Zip / Postal Code: 000000
- Panagora Group, a small business specializing in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, global health, and international development, seeks an experienced monitoring advisor for an anticipated USAID / Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity.
- This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria expected to start in Spring 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead planning, design and implementation processes for GIS and data visualization priorities in collaboration with the MEL activity technical team, including integrating GIS across monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning activities.
- In close collaboration with the Monitoring Advisor and the data management senior specialist, execute enhancements to the Monitor® system, ensuring that the system serves as a resource and management tool especially for the Mission’s CORs.
- Provide technical advice on the management (collection and processing) of geographic and alphanumeric information, as well as the processing and interpretation of aerial photos or satellite images.
- Perform spatial and non-spatial analysis, and generate respective cartographic and/or information visualization products.
- Collaboratively develop strategies to creatively incorporate GIS data, analytics, and data visualization into various content and product delivery.
- Design and development of MEL activity info-graphics, charts, maps, and other visual content for proposals, publications, marketing materials, and other documents.
- Produce content for reports, events, success stories, and other communication products, individually or in collaboration with others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party or designated supervisor.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Spatial Analysis, or Social Science that emphasizes GIS and data visualization. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience working with geospatial data and data visualization for donor-funded mechanisms, preferably with USAID experience.
- Experience with the Monitor® system highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in non-permissive environments, areas with hardship conditions, remote areas, and conflict-affected areas for extended periods of time.
- Advanced knowledge of software for data visualization and GIS, such as ESRI ArcGIS, Quantum GIS, Tableau, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Meaningful professional experience in Nigeria a strong advantage.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
This is a high profile job, so before you apply, it is very important you learn the following;
- East tips on how to write a motivation letter
- Why you Need a Good CV and Cover Letter
- 27 Easy Tips on How to Prepare for an Interview
- No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
- Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.