KPMG Nigeria – Our client in the Financial Industry, is currently hiring a strong and competent candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Audit, Risk and Compliance
Job Type: Full time
Sector: Financial Services
- The position is responsible for the management, and compliance activities are closely aligned with global best practices in executing the duties across the Company’s business and financial operations.
- He/she works to ensure roles, responsibilities, and results are efficiently coordinated and optimized to ensure the effectiveness of internal audit, risk management, and control matters.
- Provide assurance to executive management and board of directors on the effectiveness or otherwise of the company’s risk management, internal control processes, procedures and policies and systems
- Ensure that a yearly audit plan covering all company’s risk areas is in place, approved by the board and followed up for full execution
- Oversee and review wide risk management, compliance and internal control systems
- Evaluate the level of compliance with set policies and procedures, statutory and sector regulations.
- Design the strategic focus and goals of the department in alignment with the company’s overall strategy and focus
- Formulating and implementing the risk management compliance and internal audit framework and policies.
- Support the finance department in the month and annual preparations, finance reports.
- Keep track of new trends in the industry and advise management accordingly.
- Oversee the work of external auditors to ensure the audit work remains within the prescribed guidelines.
- Supervise and support the staff in Internal Audit unit in their roles of implementing all activities of internal audit strategies and tactics to support the overall achievement of the department’s and company’s goals.
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of audit committee materials and participate in audit committee meetings
- Investigates and report to the Audit Committee on activities reported through the Hotline/Whistleblower processes and assist in investigations.
- Initiate policy and process reviews including ensuring they are up to date with all legislations and best practices
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions
- Lead the setup of the enterprise risk assessment for the organisation and develop a risk log
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Minimum of First Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or similar role.
- MBA or Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional Membership: CIA, ICAN, ACCA, ACA is required.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ experience in Internal Audit in a financial institution or an audit firm
- Prior managerial experience in similar role or capacity.
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted Auditing Standards.
- Good knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices.
- Must have previous experience in conducting systems risks and audits in a digitized environment
- Policy and regulatory knowledge interpretation and application.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards.
- In-depth knowledge of Internal control framework for the Finance Industry
- Strong leadership, supervisory, coaching, mentoring and people management skills
- Strong strategic planning, problem solving and execution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders and effectively communicate and interact with top level management.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;