KPMG Nigeria – Our client, a reputable Company within the Financial Services Sector, is currently recruiuting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
Job Type: Full time
Sector: Financial Services
- Our client is recruiting, Head of Operations, who will be responsible for overseeing and improving the overall processes and procedures of the organisation.
Skills and Capabilities
- Responsible for setting up the workflow process for operations and taking necessary measures to provide the needed support for smooth operations of the organisation.
- Monitor daily operations to ensure a free flow process and ensure tasks are carried out timely and efficiently.
- Establish and review key operational risk indicators/key control standards and formulate action plans to minimize the organization’s exposure to fraud and losses.
- Manage the organization’s operational risk exposure by supporting the business to identify areas of operational risk exposure and by developing and implementing corrective action.
- Design, develop and keep updated the organization’s operations manual and ensure compliance to all operational guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for re-engineering business processes to improve customer service, cost-effectiveness and controls.
- Ensure compliance with Regulatory requirements relating to organizations operations.
- Ensure that effective documentation is in place, in the form of user guides and implement operational improvements to reduce operational costs, tighten controls, improve service quality and customer service
- Collaborate with line managers to develop best practices and ensure each department’s smooth running.
- Coordinate and monitor the organizational processes, develop ideas to improve administrative operations, and relay these ideas to management.
- Assess the activities and performances of staff by evaluating transactions and reports for accuracy and clarity.
- Enforce adherence to financial regulations and legislation to maintain integrity with clients and prevent defaulting the law.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Banking and Finance or any Business-related field.
- MSc/MBA is an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACIB, CFA, PMP, ISO9001, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant professional experience with at least 5 years in the financial services sector in a similar role.
- Experience managing high-performance teams
- Strong organizational skills and delegation, ability to prioritize and multitask, work well under pressure, handle multiple issues simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrable experience delivering major business process re-engineering projects
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements into operational plans and actions
- Excellent proficiency with project management tools, Microsoft office software packages, and financial reporting software packages.
- Excellent financial knowledge, including understanding finance best practices and IFRS/ International accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Out of the box thinker and high level of self-initiative (proactive in finding new solutions to new issues).
- Strong leadership, supervisory, coaching, mentoring and people management skills
- Strong strategic planning, problem solving and execution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders and effectively communicate and interact with top level management.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;