Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Plant Process, Mills & Kilns
Reference ID: Production-Obajana-006
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
Category: DCP – Operations
- Ensure that DCP’s production systems and assets at the plants are optimized and operated in accordance with industry production technology standards and company policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide process engineering discipline expertise for DCP plants.
- Provide process engineering support which entails identifying, prioritising, and appraising conceptual engineering solutions to optimize production, as well as process studies and test runs to optimise key process variables.
- Liaise with relevant production personnel to obtain information on the effectiveness and efficiency of DCP production processes.
- Carry out detailed analysis of key process trends, developments and changes in equipment performance behaviours in DCP production processes.
- Manage the selection, design and application of material and equipment that enhance system efficiency.
- Execute the testing of new process concepts to confirm feasibility and compatibility with existing structures.
- Assist with the management of the end-to-end implementation of approved new production systems to achieve seamless transition within the plant.
- Implement the roll out, maintenance and institutionalisation of an operational intelligence system within the production unit.
- Ensure that the production lines are structured optimally to deliver efficient and effective solutions in cement manufacturing.
- Drive productivity improvements and reduce non-value adding expense within production systems.
- Oversee the smooth running of a continuous feedback system to ensure that reports on all monitoring systems are produced accurately and on time.
- Promote effective use of production tools and standard processes.
- Assist in fostering an environment that embraces change and promotes innovative solutions to complex production problems.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Technical Services (Plant).
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Engineering.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry.
- In-depth knowledge of process design engineering principles applied to cement manufacturing, process simulation tools, and process equipment sizing/selection.
- Working knowledge of all relevant cement industry codes, standards and regulations associated with process design and process safety engineering.
- Working knowledge of process safety hazard’s analysis and risk assessment methodologies applied to cement manufacturing, operating and ultimate dismantlement phases of the processing life cycle.
- Good understanding of statistical process control.
- Good understanding of process research methods and analysis.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Good analysis and organizing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;