Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Trade Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Specialization: Trade Services / Central Operations
- To deliver efficient services to customers, meeting their numerous needs, coordinating operational activities in the department and ensuring compliance of team members to bank procedures and regulatory authorities.
- Provide overall leadership and direction for operations activities within the department
- Enhance team performance to achieve quality customer service delivery
- Ensure proper documentation of all transactions and authorize transactions within applicable approval limit
- Ensure operational improvement and cost control through monitoring of approved expenses
- Ensure adherence to bank policies and procedures by all unit processor
- Monitor and evaluate performance of subordinates
- Act as facilitator at staff trainings (Branch Operators & Relationship Officers) on Trade Services products
- Initiate and accept relationship management (RMA) with existing and potential correspondence banks
- Effective Supervision and general co-ordination of the various activities in Trade Service
- Foreign and domestic Letter of Credit Services,
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Foreign Portfolio Investment
- Bills for Collection
- Invisible Payment Services
- Advanced Payment Guarantee
- Purchase and Utilization of Foreign Currency
- Compliance with Regulatory Authority guidelines
- Reconciliation of all Nosro Accounts,
- Form M Processing
- Processing of Pre- Arrival Assessment Report
- Cross Border Payment
- Processing of Form Q Payment
- Processing of Traveler Allowance and coordination of relevant report to CBN
- Monitoring onshore and offshore enquiries
- Collation of bank wide Secondary Market Intervention Sales SMIS bid request and submission to the CBN.
- Analyse Trade activities and preparing comprehensive report to the Management for monitoring and decision-making process.
- Joint calls to Trade customers (current and prospects).
- Coordination of all regulatory returns and reports- Central Bank of Nigeria, Federal Ministry of Finance, etc. as required
- Co-ordination of all Forex examination; annual, biannual, quarterly and spot
- Collaboration with Correspondence Banking team on management of trade lines
- Coordination of International Money Transfer Operation, IMTO
- Training of direct reports on operations dynamics of Trade and recent update from regulators
- Automation & Simplification of Trade Process
- Monitoring and executing standard service level agreement and ensuring clients receive value added service.
- Updating all staff and customers of recent update from CBN
- Regular engagement with Correspondent banks for improved service
- Ensuring top-most Trade compliance as demanded by the Correspondent banking
- Regular Industry survey for latest practices
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head, Central Operations & Trade Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences or Social Sciences. MBA/MSC/ACA/ACIB would be an advantage
- 7 Years post NYSC experience in Trade Services operations
- Broad understanding of Foreign Exchange Manuals
- A good knowledge of Letters of Credit
- Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (CDCS) will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know