APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics Lead
Req ID: api-79498
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Strategic Information
- PHIS3 seeks a Health Informatics expert to lead the Health Informatics activities. This role will represent project capabilities in data exchange, system deployment, system design, and data analytics with a wide range of stakeholders including Ministries of Health, international donors, U.S. Government Agencies and partner organizations
- The successful candidate will serve as lead for the development and management of health information systems, including the National Data Repository (NDR), the Electronic Medical Record system, Laboratory Information Management System, and any other HIS platform as directed by the funders. S/He will provide technical and strategic direction and support to the project team to scale up of priority health information systems at all levels of the health system.
- S/He will coordinate and liaise with government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, CDC and other stakeholders to build capacity in and management of the national health information systems.
- The Health Informatics lead will report to the Deputy Project Director in activity implementation and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing HMIS technical assistance and capacity building to Missions for in-country systems requirements, analysis, design, specifications, and oversight of project management, development, piloting/testing, implementation, and evaluation.
- Applying software project management principles to manage the health informatics projects.
- Providing leadership and guidance in developing information systems architecture and network topologies.
- Providing technical input to systems integration and use of data management information systems
- Helping to define and enforce software development methodology and processes, with a focus on moving towards more agile processes.
- Providing guidance and advice on information security best practices.
- Providing guidance and technical support to develop country-wide as well as area-specific information technology policies, guidance, and frameworks.
- Ensuring a high level of communication and close working relationships with Government of Nigeria team, funding agency, PEPFAR implementing partners and other key stakeholders operating in the health informatics arena.
- Ensuring the presence and use of adequate administrative controls, information and data quality, procedural efficiencies and adherence to internationally recognized information systems and standards for interoperability.
- Facilitating business and systems analysis discussions and translating findings into clearly defined specifications including rough order of magnitudes (ROMS).
- Serving as technical lead in designing systems and training tools to strengthen capacities of PEPFAR Implementing Partners on data use and data governance
- Supervise and manage projects related to improving and maintaining the National Data Repository
- Lead the team that manages the national Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and ensure the interoperability with other National HIS Platform
- Oversees Health Information Systems (HIS) assessments and development of solutions to address identified gaps
- Develop Governance tools and documents for the facility, state, and national ministry staff in implementing HIS.
- Design a plan for the development and sustenance of a Health Informatics Community of Practise at the National level.
- Oversee development and implementation of annual work plans and budgets for Health Informatics components of the PHIS3 project.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Surveillance team on GON and PEPFAR requirements for routine data collection and reporting M&E and Surveillance data.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Epidemiology, Information Science, Public Health, Computer Science, Health Informatics, or a related field
- At least 8 years relevant experience at the national and subnational levels for USG-funded projects or other donor-funded programs
- Knowledge/understanding of SORMAS, DHIS 2, SITAware, Tatofo laboratory information management software, data standards and interoperability
- Knowledge of one or more software development methodologies
- Experience in project management of digital health projects
- Experience working with health sector information systems is preferred
- Experience with business process analysis, workflow, requirements specification development, and data modeling.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) principles, methods, and technology, and the use of application programming interfaces (APIs) for electronic data transfer.
- Experience with software quality assurance and software development methodologies.
- At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in the implementation of strategies or methods
- Experience working on a team in a developing country to create interoperability among information systems, including the use of unique patient identifiers across systems, is desired.
- Thought leadership in the fields of health information systems and/or technology for global health.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Excellent coordination and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning methodology and documentation processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Excellent ability in spoken and written English with high-level proficiency in a second language highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know