Application for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 in the UK For Masters & PhD is currently ongoing. We are going to walk you through in all you need to know about HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2020.
What You Need to Know About HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 in the UK.
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships & PhD are for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Masters & PhD study in UK universities.
The Scholarships is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Masters and PhD scholarships allow talented and motivated individuals to gain advanced knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford their studies in the UK.
The duration of the scholarship program is valid for one year for Master & three years for PhD starting from fall 2020.
YES, in order to qualify for HEC Commonwealth scholarship award, Nominated candidates must bring IELTS, for which they can contact the local British Council office.
An IELTS test is considered valid if performed within the given period of time. The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission specifies the same at the time of the announcement of the scholarship.
Find Scholarships to Study Abroad in 2020
Click on any of the following countries to find scholarships for your study abroad destination choice.
- Scholarships to study in Canada 2020
- Scholarships to Study in the US 2020
- Scholarships to Study in the UK 2020
- Scholarships to study in Germany 2020
- Scholarships to Study in Australia 2020
Find more scholarships in 2020 always visit our scholarship search engine at https://www.academicrelated.com/
Level/Field of Study
The HEC Commonwealth scholarship is intended for Masters and PhD students who have the intention of pursuing one of the following courses mentioned below in the UK.
- Science and technologies to growth
- Strengthening health systems and ability
- Improving Worldwide wealth
- Strengthening International peace, governance, and security
- Strengthening durability and response crises
- accessibility, addition, and chance
The Commonwealth scholarship is organised and hosted in the UK. Those wishing to study in another country aside the UK can also access this scholarship for international students in Canada. Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021.
You can also find out how to Study abroad for free. This content is said to be one of our best and it’s trending all over the world. Why not find out?
The HEC Commonwealth scholarship is open to commonwealth countries.
Do you know, you can apply for many scholarships as possible? This is why we are given you this opportunity to, check: 17+ Full Tuition Academic Scholarships 2020.
What does the Commonwealth Scholarship Cover?
The Commonwealth masters and PhD scholarship covers the following;
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your program (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed).
- Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month or £1,330, for those at universities in London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018/2019 levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Study travel grants towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or Overseas.
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location) was approved.
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed or (intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarships, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork).
- Family allowances as follows:
- Spouse allowance of £233 per month if you and your spouse are living together at the same address in the UK (unless your spouse is also in receipt of a scholarship; other conditions also apply) Child allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your spouse and children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £465 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 Eligibility
The admission is available under Commonwealth scholarship in the UK for 2020. Standard eligibility conditions are as follows:
- Be residing in any of the Commonwealth countries.
- Applicants should not be older than 30 years for masters and 35 years for PhD students.
- Be accessible to begin your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year at September/October 2020
- To Master Scholarship, the candidate at the final date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in every aspect in graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA and so forth ) from the appropriate field of study.
- For Ph.D. Scholarship, candidate by the final date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in every aspect in postgraduate qualification (17/18 years MS/MPhil degree ) from the appropriate field of study.
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two-second divisions are allowed but the candidate must not have a second division in the terminal/ last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of their country.
- NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2020 or candidate not has studied at the same level in the UK before.
- Be financially unable to afford study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship for Masters and PhD
- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in a left-hand side panel of the online portal. After that, apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship through Electronic Application System (EAS). at:http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/applicants/phd-scholarships-low-middle-income-countries/
- Upload deposit slip of Rs.500/- (in original) deposited through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
- All the applications for Masters/ Ph.D. without submitting both EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case.
- Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after a successful submission to relevant portals.
- Hardcopies of HEC application form (along with deposit slip, relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for a foreign degree, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC) & Commonwealth scholarship forms will be taken from shortlisted candidates only.
- HEC might conduct a test/interview or both if possible to shortlist candidates.
- Commonwealth UK will not accept direct applications. All of the nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC supports equal chance; for that reason, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will short-list eligible applicants based on selection criteria i.e. highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and significance of candidate selected field together with Pakistan’s future development needs, provincial/regional quota as well as the number of scholarship slots allocated to Pakistani students.
- By hand applications, incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline won’t be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC is likely to soon be binding and final.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in the nomination process, a final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose a penalty, as decided by HEC.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to HEC Online system and EAS Online application form simultaneously before the deadline of September 30, 2020, as applications submitted after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case.
When can I apply for Commonwealth Scholarship?
If you met the requirements above, you can start your online application. The HEC Commonwealth online application portal is currently open.
The application is due on 30th September 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates for Hec Commonwealth Scholarships should click on the Commonwealth Scholarship Application Portal to apply.
For further details relevant to Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 & applying online, please visit below-mentioned links:
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED POSTS
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this HEC Commonwealth scholarship for developing countries.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.
Join Our Whatsapp Group for Scholarship Updates
If you want to be getting our scholarship update, join our whatsapp group.
How the group works
- The group is locked for only admin to be posting
- Information will be posted to the group not more than 4 times a week