Do you have plans to become a Firstmonie agent in Nigeria and want to know how to go about it? If yes, then keep reading to learn about about how to become a firstmonie agent in Nigeria.
This guide has been put together to make things easy for you, so you will find this post very resourceful.
In a bid to bring financial services closer to the unbanked and underbanked segment of the society, the First Bank of Nigeria introduced the system: Firstmonie by empowering existing businesses within the communities to deliver most of the banking services to their customers. Over the years, this system has seemed to be taking root, that is why we have decided to discuss the steps on how to become a Firstmonie agent in Nigeria in 2021.
We will show you all you need to know about a Firstmonie agent, the requirements needed to qualify as a Firstmonie agent, how to identify the Firstmonie outlet, how to start your own Firstmonie outlet and lots more.
Without further ado, let’s get started!!!
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2021-2022
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2021
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2021-2022
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2021-2022
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2021-2022
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2021-2022
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
WHO IS A FIRSTMONIE AGENT?
A Firstmonie Agent is a legal channel through which banking services are brought closer to the public outside the banking environment. Firstmonie outlets are endorsed by the First Bank of Nigeria.
The First Bank Mobile Money Agent is a business person who is in partnership with First Bank of Nigeria to provide certain services to bank customers. These money agents play important roles. And this is a very legal way of making money. He/she serves as a banker outside the banking environment. As a Firstmonie agent, you receive your own share of payment while offering banking services.
I’m sure you might be thinking this might just be another side hustle for you, well yes it “might”. Before you arrive at that conclusion let’s take a look at the requirements needed to qualify as a Firstmonie agent.
Read Also: How to Become an Opay Agent in 2021
REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO QUALIFY AS A FIRSTMONIE AGENT
You guess is as good as mine. Before the First Bank of Nigeria validates you as their agent, you must have passed through some series of processes and successfully fulfilled some requirements. Those requirements include;
- You must own an existing business with good patronage
- A visible business location which is easily accessible
- Minimum working capital of N50,000
- Complete Agent registration form and execute agreement
- Valid identification – Voter’s card, Driver’s License, International Passport, National ID card
- Any regulatory information as required (e.g. Business registration documents)
After some scrutiny and validation of these requirements, you can now own your own Firstmonie outlet and become a Firstmonie agent.
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO APPLY?
Well the good thing about wanting to become a Firstmonie agent is that there is no restriction to who can become a Firstmonie agent. Potential Agents may include any of the following entities:
- Unregistered SMEs – Individuals
- Registered businesses – Limited liability companies, Sole proprietorships, Partnerships, Cooperative societies
- Corporates with retail chains / large distribution network.
As long as you fulfill the requirements and the financial institution deem you fit to work with them, then there is no hindrance.
Let’s go to how you can make this a reality!!!
STEPS ON HOW TO BECOME A FIRSTMONIE AGENT
To become a Firstmonie agent, you need to visit any First Bank branch close to you and follow the steps.
- Open a bank account (if you don’t have one already)
- Fill the form for Firstmonie agent, this will qualify you to own a POS which is what you use for your transactions.
- Provide the requirements listed above
- Expect their response.
NOTE: To get a POS machine, you have to go your bank, meet the customer care service, and request for the agency banking, which attracts a fee between N5,000 and N10,000. This money must be paid to get a pin.
WHAT TRANSACTIONS CAN BE DONE AT A FIRSTMONIE OUTLET?
If you want to become Firstmonie agent, here are the transaction you will have to be performing daily
- Open account
- Deposit money
- Buy airtime
- Pay bills
- Withdraw money from any bank account
- Send money to any bank account
- Check balance
- Customer enquiries about First Bank products
You’re practically a BANKER WITHOUT A SUIT AND TIE. Since you perform most of the duties of a banker, you might be wondering what’s in for me? What do I gain from performing these duties?
Want to know? Keep reading !!!
WHAT’S IN FOR ME AS A FIRSTMONIE AGENT?
Well, the truth is that having a Firstmonie outlet means you are running a business and business requires returns. So if you’re wondering how you make your own cut working as a Firstmonie agent then read on
Making Money as a Firstmonie agent is on commission bases, you earn some commission, when customers withdraw from their account from your outlet, you earn commission when customers pay bills from your outlet.
You earn N70 naira if you are able to Register AND FUND a customer at least N500 minimum (I think this is still the biggest commission with 1st money). However, you can charge extra fee on some of these transaction (Not official sha o, but legal), but considering your location and the cost to your business.
The money majorly is on the number of transactions you are able to carry out as an agent. The other big deal is, the number of customers you are able to register as an Agent, these customers are tied to you for life, this means you earn a tiny fraction on transactions they do anytime, anywhere.
HOW DO I IDENTIFY A FIRSTMONIE OUTLET?
You know a Firstmonie outlet by seeing the features of the Bank which they represent. The branding features of a Firstmonie Agent location include.
- Outdoor paintings in First Banks’ colours (Blue and Gold)
- Firstmonie Agent Certificate
- Firstmonie Agent Banner
- Firstmonie Agent Dangler
Now you know how to become a firstmonie agent in Nigeria, you have all the knowledge required to start off. see becoming a firstmonie agent as another stream of income and a means to enhance your credibility as an individual.
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2021-2022 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2021-2022 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2021
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2021-2022 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2021-2022
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2021-2022
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2021-2022
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2021-2022
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2021-2022
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2021-2022
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2021 and 2022.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.