Do you want to know how to become an OPay agent in Nigeria? If yes, this article will show you everything you need to know about becoming an Opay agent in Nigeria.
We shall discuss how to become an Opay agent in Nigeria, Opay agent requirements, Opay agent commission, Opay Nigeria, Opay salary, and the benefits of becoming an Opay agent. Enjoy the ride.
Are you a mobile operator agent or aspiring to become one? Then, there’s a new opportunity for you to grasp!
Before, several mobile money operators existed, and you know you must have heard about them. They include Paga, Pocketmonie, Quickteller, Firstmonie.
A MUST WATCH: A Video description explaining how to become an Opay agent
Here’s the most recent in the market, OPay.
It is an international mobile money operator owned by Operamini (actually, Operapay). Nigeria is the third African country where it is being established, following South Africa and Kenya.
OPay, an Africa-focused mobile payments startup, was founded by Norwegian browser company Opera and is a mobile wallet developed by Opera and designed for devices such as Android and IOS.
Through Opay, life is made easy beyond the imagination of anyone.
With the invention of the Opay app, anybody can book domestic flights from their phone. That’s life made easy!
Opay aims to make customers’ lives easier by making payment easier and safer.
- Free Online Courses at Yale University
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University
- Short Courses in Nigeria
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
What to do With Opay Mobile App?
It is a simple payment system that allows users to pay their telephone, electricity, internet, and other utility bills safely and easily.
It is pretty simple and easy to use.
All that’s needed from you is to download the Opay app, register, add your balance, and make payments for the bills online.
Opay offers a broad scope of services to its customers, which includes:
- recharging and paying all NTC, Ncell, and Smart Cell-related bills;
- paying SIM TV, Dish Home, and Mero TV bills;
- paying your Nepal Electric Authority and Life Insurance bills for Nepal Life Insurance.
How to Become an Opay Agent In Nigeria
In becoming an Opay agent, you are given the necessary exposure to the Opay mobile online transaction platform. Becoming an Opay agent enlists you to provide individuals with another source of revenue and an additional income stream. You are just one registration away from this. So, register today and start enjoying the benefits forever.
The step-by-step guide on how to become an Opay Agent includes the following:
- Download and install OPay App on you’re android phone through this link.>>>Opay App On Google Play Store
- If you are using an iPhone, go to your Apple store, and download and install Opay for iPhones.
- Use your active phone number to complete the installation.
- Initiate a chat with the Support team, requesting your registration form.
- Fill out the form correctly and make the following available; passport photo, utility bill, means of ID, and CAC documents (optional).
- Lastly, on how to become an Opay Agent in Nigeria, you can start your transaction after completing the process. You can reach their customer service through email@example.com or via WhatsApp (+2349066722924).
- Also, on how to become an Opay Agent in Nigeria, Opay agents can chat with their online support team in Opay by clicking on the chat feature at the bottom-left corner of the app’s homepage. Afterward, enter the phone number you used to register and click confirm to chat with the agent.
Opay Agent Requirements
To become an OPay agent, you are required to meet the OPay Agent Requirements, which include the following;
- You must know how to read, write and communicate.
- Provide the following documents; passport photo, utility bill, means of ID, and Corporate Affairs Commission documents (optional).
- A shop (smaller or medium size) will be required for customer base contact.
- You must own an android mobile phone that is functional and internet friendly.
- As an added advantage, get customer relation skills.
- Biometric verification number (BVN) is one of the Opay Agent Requirements; hence will also be required of you during registration.
- Editor’s Pick: How to Become a Nurse in Florida– Requirements as well as List of the Best Nursing Colleges/Universities in Florida
Opay Agent Commission Structure
As an Opay agent, after the registration process, what’s next is to look at the Opay agent commission structure.
In business, the commission is a fee charged by an agent or broker for a transaction.
Similarly, the OPay agent commission is the percentage of money an Opay agent receives from the transactions he/she carries out on the Opay mobile app.
OPay agent commission can be made in several ways on this platform. You make OPay agent commission through the provision of the following services to customers:
- Withdrawals & deposits
- Bill payments
- Airtime & or data purchases etc
- Referring people to use Opay.
Being an Africa-focused mobile payments startup founded by a Norwegian browser company, OPay has been operating since 2010 in the pouch of PayCom Nigeria Limited—a mobile money platform incubated by Telnet (Nigeria) Ltd.
After operating for seven years, Opera showed interest in acquiring PayCom in 2017.
After that, they put pen to paper in 2018, and OPay Nigeria came to stay in August of the same year.
Before Opay Nigeria was birthed, it was already in existence in South Africa and Kenya, making Nigeria the third African country where Opay is operational. It hopes to take more ground.
Opay Salary Structure
Opay agents earn an average salary of 61,243 Naira monthly. 26 employees from Opay carry out the collation of this data. Agents receive OPay salaries for playing several roles which include:
- Business Developer,
- Customer Care Advisor,
- Customer Service Officer,
- Customer Support Executive,
- Digital Marketer, Engineer, etc.
The gender distribution at Opay based on Opay salaries submitted is male (50%), female (50%), and unspecified (0%).
What are the Benefits of Becoming an Opay Agent?
Aside from making good money from becoming an Opay agent, here are some of the other benefits of becoming an Opay agent:
- 0.70% transaction fee on POS
- Zero electricity charge
- No charges on cable T.V
- Zero charge on wallet top up
- Just 10naira charge on bank transfer to NY Nigerian bank
So, partnering with Opay will be a good option if you are considering starting a POS business.
Find Scholarships to Study Abroad in 2023
Click on any of the following countries to find scholarships.
- Scholarships to study in Canada
- Scholarships to Study in the US
- Scholarships to Study in the UK
- Scholarships to study in Germany
- Scholarships to Study in Australia
For more scholarships in 2023, visit our scholarship search engine at https://academicrelated.com.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Opay ORide all about?
With OPay, one can order a cheap bike ride using ORide; ORide allows you to hire a bike at a cheap rate.
Can I pay Opay with cash?
The interest rates of Opay in a year range from 36.5% to 360%. Talking about money and lifestyle, security is as relevant as accessibility.
Here, payment is made by scanning (OPay QR). Yes, that alone! You can make payments and receive money by scanning the OPay QR code without cash.
Does Opay require BVN?
Yes, OPay requires BVN.
After downloading the app, you will be required to input your bank verification number while registering.
How do I order Opay food?
An individual can only order for OPay’s NGN 10.00 meals through the OPay app.
To purchase the food, one must download the OPay app, register with their details, and then place an order for food.
According to persons who have tried it out, the meals arrive in about half an hour and the food is good enough and can make your day.
Is Opay safe?
This is one of the questions that everyone would like to have an answer to, and that is a very important one.
Opay isn’t just safe but very much safe and affordable. The fun thing about Obus is that one does not have to break the bank to use this service.
It is likewise very safe to use as all your transactions on the app and card are very secure. Obus is a great Opay service, and you would enjoy it!
Can I have more than one Opay account?
Yes, you can have more than one OPay account if you register with different numbers.
The good news is you can use the same documents for both accounts.
What is Opay food?
OPay is a one-stop mobile-based platform that helps with the following: payment, food & grocery delivery, transportation, and other relevant services in your day-to-day living.
Millions of users depend on OPay every day to send and be sent money, pay bills, and order food and groceries.
How much do I need to become an Opay agent?
You need zero amount of money to become an Opay agent.
Registration for becoming an Opay agent is free, and Opay gives you POS for free since you are an agent.
Conclusion: How to become an Opay agent in Nigeria
OPay is a real investment, so if you have some money, you can invest it in becoming an OPay agent rather than saving it.
That way, you will have more than your capital after some months.
That said, if you have more questions regarding how to become an OPay agent, kindly leave them in the comment section.
You can check out some of our recommended posts alongside this post.
- Federal Government Scholarships for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2023 and 2024.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content with your families and friends.