In this post, we’ll discuss how to link your NIN with your SIM or phone number so that you’ll not be blocked from using your mobile line in the next two weeks.
The NCC issued out a circular warning that whoever doesn’t link their National Identification Number with their SIM will be blocked from using their mobile lines.
This report was made viral by the Special Assistant to president Muhammadu Buhari, Bashir Ahmad.
“The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has given telecommunications operators (MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9Mobile and others) in the country two weeks to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers (NIN).
How to Link Your NIN with Your Phone Number
- How to Link Your NIN with Your NTN SIM (Click to View Details)
- How to Link Your NIN with Your Glo SIM (Click to View Details)
- How to Link Your NIN with Your Airtel SIM (Click to View Details)
- How to Link Your NIN with Your 9Mobile SIM(Click to View Details)
What if you forgot your NIN and don’t have the slip?
If you don’t know your NIN, just dial *346# on the SIM card you registered with the National Identity Management Centre (NIMC).
A message containing your NIN will be displayed, just copy it somewhere safe.
Note that checking your NIN via the USSD provided above costs N20 only.
I don’t have NIN, How can I Register?
- Visit any NIMC office near you and apply for your National Identity Card if you haven’t
- Register and obtain your temporary ID slip which will contain your NIN
- Keep your NIN details in a safe place so that you’ll be able to provide them when necessary.
Will my line be blocked if my NIN is not captured?
Yes. The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has instructed all telecommunications operators to block all lines not paired with NIN Number by December 30th 2020.
Can I update my spouse, brother or parent NIN?
No, you cannot. It is a personal identification number. Everybody is to enroll for their NIN individually.
My SIM was registered with my voter card, and not national card. Am I going to be affected?
This directive is to all Nigerian citizens who are telecoms subscribers. Your NIN must be paired with your SIM database details. You can register at any NIMC Enrollment Centre close to you. Kindly visit the website www.nimc.gov.ng for the list of all enrollment centers nationwide.