The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share.
This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner, Exams
Department: Human Resources
Contract type: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 Months
Pay band: 6
- To partner with the exams business in the delivery of Exams HR services in line with corporate standards.
- The post holder will support the Senior People Advisor and Country Exams Director and undertake specific work within HR to support the effective management of the British Council operation, focusing on our Exams operations.
- The HR function is an integral part of Business Support Services team. The HR Business Partner Exams will make contributions to the successful management of HR by managing day to day operations as well as providing vital support to all exams (SBU) team members.
- S/He will contribute to the on-going development of British Council Nigeria as a high-performing country operation, modelling the values and principles of a collaborative, integrated and mutually supportive team.
- This post is instrumental in ensuring that all HR procedures and policies are adhered to and that operational teams are knowledgeable about, and compliant with, the HR embedded within their business as usual processes.
- To work with the recruitment hub in the management of recruitment and selection end-to-end processes for the Exams SBU.
- To ensure that managers carry out recruitment and selection according to corporate and equal opportunity standards ensuring adherence to local employment laws. Ensuring utilization of the HRIS; e-recruitment in the selection of new staff.
- To support Head of HR on the delivery of corporate HR strategies and plans. To ensure HR plans, issues and failings and risk are actively managed and reported to Senior People Advisor for reporting at FCCF and ERMF meetings.
- To ensure adherence to Information Knowledge Management standards of the team.
- To promote a culture of learning, knowledge sharing and teamwork by aiding collaboration and creating models for change management.
- To assist in arranging regular training on recruitment & selection, performance management etc.
- In consultation with Senior People Advisor, to receive and respond to inbound employee relations enquiries.
- To maintain an up to date record of employee relations issues
- In consultation with Senior People Advisor, to provide guidance, consultation and assistance to Line Managers and Staff on matters relating to employee disciplinary actions.
- Provide professional coaching/mentoring/guidance to internal customers and HR colleagues, to manage non-routine HR issues or guidance to implement project and change plans.
- To assist Line Managers in ensuring that their team performance management system operates to corporate standards and guidelines.
- Assisting the Senior People Advisor to ensure BC Nigeria’s strategy identifies and responds to EDI
- To prepare operational budgets. Ensuring value for money in the procurement of services on behalf of the team.
Role Specific Skills:
- Education to First Degree level
- About 3 years experience in HRM in a multinational organisation
- Proven track record in HR Management
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of best practice in HR processes and systems
- Excellent commercial acumen and understanding of business strategy and practices
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labour law.
- HR qualifications: CIPM, CIPD, SHRM,
- Managing change.
NGN9,185,747.00 (per annum).
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Must have the right to live and work in the location the role is based.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know